i got a hard on for

Wow. You must have to deal with this stuff so often and not say a word in the name of making the sale. I’d have a hard time not trying to talk somebody out of that.

Then again, I’m sure there are plenty of people who will refuse to have any sort of sense talked into them.[/quote]

We didn’t even sell them, they were a gift from his employees (yeah, I know). We got like $15 from the whole transaction, including the new tube he needed.

[quote=“bonechilling”]

Speaking of that, I put Zipp 404 clinchers on a guy’s 2001 Trek 1000 with eight-speed Sora and the stock Bontrager tires today. His computer read 141 miles.[/quote]

seen some fat fucker convinced he need a front triple a while ago, whole shop was snickering. I was thinking dude you need a another triple cheezburger.

Someday I will be the boss of something and my employees will brown nose me with 404’s.

Are you employing some form of irony?

I think his post was intended as a derisive rebuke of mine, as though I were belittling some fat guy’s attempt to get in shape, rather than some rich asshole’s poor choice of components. I could be wrong.

No cheeseburger in this story, but I had a particularly persistent fellow looking at a Lemond Sarthe a while back, convinced that he needed a triple. My manager and I tried to tell him how much less labor-intensive and costly a compact double would be, but he just wasn’t having it… I don’t think he ended up getting the bike, but oh well.

fuck a triple. 1x10 for life.

Yeah, see… that’s what I figured.

fuck a triple. 1x10 for life.[/quote]

you pussy, 1x9 is way more zen.

[quote=“doofo”]i would think that fat guys might really need a triple

what am i missing[/quote]

This fat guy needs a triple. It works out pretty well.

fuck a triple. 1x10 for life.[/quote]

you pussy, 1x9 is way more zen.[/quote]

Kemmer and I have the gear ratios.

All of them.