i kind of want a hip pouch

woah that’s mega long for what i need.

she gave it to me as a christmas gift (tarck santa)

i’m sure she’d make whatever it is that you require.
for me it actually works well… it holds a lock, wallet, phone & keys and any other random bits that i need.

I like em long rather than wide due to the fact that I really like having a book on hand and can carry one with me more comfortably, water bottles also fit better (if you find yourself on a bike sans cages). If they are wider they take up more surface area and bulge awkwardly.

That post is riddled with sexual innuendo.

beat me to it.

I have one from Chicago WIG:

Chicago WIG Hip Sacks

I actually went with the exact black/white/red color scheme that they use in the video, but they do custom colors. It works pretty well, it’s wider but can accommodate some decent vertical space because it has a strap and not just velcro. There are three separate pouches in it, so I use one for the lock, one for phone & wallet, and one for keys/misc. If I don’t carry a lock in it it can fit a small water bottle.

I’ve been happy with the pouch and their service / response time was good. It looks like they have a couple other types/sizes too, depending on what you need. Hope it helps.

oddly enough, i have a timbuktu one that works so fucking well for work.

$5 army surplus

im having a custom hip pouch made by a local bag company

idk what colors to get tho

[quote=antcave]$5 army surplus
[/quote]

pics of this in action so i know scale (wont be able to hit surplus store until thursday)

fabric horse utility belt=awesome

my friend has it. it makes them look like a dorky version of batman.

I have that same army surplus bag, it’s alright. It tends to pull my belt down though, so I might run it with an extra strap like a lot of these bags are.

Not waterproof, fits a pump and wrench strangely, always tends to be a bit too small or too big. BUT! It’s $5, so who cares.

I’ve found the ultimate use for these bags though, ziptieing to the back of Wald baskets, on the outside, to add an extra pocket/container that is easily accessible while riding. I don’t have a Wald, but this seemed like it would work great from mocking it up on my girlfriend’s.

Here’s a picture of my ass: