i need rim suggestions.

so i’m retiring the “all you haters suck my balls” rim. i need suggestions on a new hoop.

i’m staying with the semi deep v neuvation up front, but i want something lower profile on the rear. think it’ll look alright?

i’d like a unmachined rim and all i can come up with right now is a Fusion or Sun cr18. are there any other rims out there that i can get in all black unmachined?

edit: needs to be a clincher too.

Why? Are your balls sore?

Open Pro CD is all black since the braking surface is a black ceramic.

a little. :colbert:

so what are you gonna do with the green rim

not really sure, its a shitty weinmann… i’ll probably hang it on the wall, i mean fucking bikesnob made fun of it… TWICE. neato

It’s famous now.

How about one o’ dem hplusson rims? Spendy though.

aerohead? NOS hard anno’d?

it’s hard anodized gray, but yeah close enough.

more importantly it’s a baller rim… planning on building a set with it asap!

it’s hard anodized gray, but yeah close enough.

more importantly it’s a baller rim… planning on building a set with it asap![/quote]

I thought the baller rim was the black ceramic one.

i almost went with open pro CDs until i got a good deal on my ellipses…they are way rad and i kinda wish i had gone with them.

edit: they arent hard anno’d in the traditional sense, as far as i know. hard anno’d is from the old school rims and provides a really shitty braking surface, where as the CD is a different kind of braking surface that lasts longer while retaining braking power.

ballers don’t fuck with alloy rims. or clinchers.

tubulars on the street? no thank you

actually i’ll have to agree. but only because i occassionally ride a tubular tri-spoke on the street and love it (!)

it’s for track though…

tubulars on the street? no thank you[/quote]

sack up, Michelle. all the cool kids are doing it. you want a disc while you’re at it. :bear:

i only ride on rollers, so tubies are cool by me

tubulars on the street? no thank you[/quote]

Damn I guess I be ballin then :bear:

aeroheads?

I know you want unmachined sidwalls, but Speedgoat.com has CXP-22s on clearance for next to nothing. I got two shipped to me for $45.

Chris

dude, you can’t retire that rim. bikesnob prophecied that you’d use it on every bike ever.