I went for a ride today, here are some pictures (old)

So they’re just like the white tail deer in Washington DC. Too many of them, they occasionally wander into shops which always makes the local news.

Now it’s getting silly. Tv and radio stations want an interview. Not that keen.

No way. Being that guy on TV suuucks.

I thought you were joking about it being actual news over there, I thought you meant like you got a bunch of comments on instagram or something. Not actual news. That is crazy.

It just got crazier… It turns out that by the time the officials got there, the body was gone… Which pisses me off, as I offered to pick it up. So now there is no physical proof, so someone could infer that it was a photoshop prank on my part. Pretty sure I don’t have location turned on in my phone’s pix, altho I did have my Strava on.

Phew. Siting verified by a local lady runner. I put the TV dude who was hassling me onto her.

Took my kids to Sunday Streets, test rode a Bullitt. Hoping an upgrade is in my near future.

[/url]Untitled by David K, on Flickr[/img]

Untitled by David K, on Flickr

did suburban trails on my hybrid
20180607_094725_1
20180607_085900_1

Never been to either of those spots, thanks for the flickr geotag.

150k on Sunday. Rain started hard around 40k and hung around off/on most of the day.

• Didn’t bring rain jacket just high-viz vest
  • Stupid outfit choice of cotton shorts
  • My vans were essentially big sponges
  • Byways + no fenders throw up so much water.

Absolutely drenched, but I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun on my bike. I’m just constantly amazed I can take these type of rides right out of the city and essentially ride as far as I want on bike paths, gravel / forest roads with very limited use of local access roads. We had one stretch of 10k on a busy road but it could have been avoided. Otherwise essentially car free.

That looks like so much fun.

This is the best reason I can think of to learn German.

Rode to Col du Telegraphe this weekend. Annoyed with myself that I dicked around the house all morning and didn’t leave myself time to ride up Galibier. Lots of summer left, I guess.

Lacets de Montvernier is still on the list too…

This is the best reason I can think of to learn German.[/quote]

Lol, there’s almost no reason for a native English speaker to learn German. They all speak better English than we ever will German.

This is the best reason I can think of to learn German.[/quote]

Lol, there’s almost no reason for a native English speaker to learn German. They all speak better English than we ever will German.[/quote]

Yeah, after experiencing so many English speakers in Barcelona and Paris last year, learning the language for a short trip? Nah. But, living there and having access to stuff like that? HY

Hah. All of this is so true. Tarck on the pulse of #expatlyfe

German language is definitely not needed for travel in major cities. And it is even entirely possible to live in cities like Berlin without speaking German if you stick to certain neighbourhoods and hire people to help with all the paperwork.

I’d guess most Germans that went to university under age ~50 speak English, especially in the west. However we live in the former East and many of my kids’ friends’ parents don’t speak English. So what the language is useful for is (attempting) to get access to more of the culture - like hearing stories from them about having their first banana or piece of chocolate at age 14.

Yeah living there on a permanent or semi permanent basis is a legitimate reason to go to the trouble of learning. Doing that without at least making an attempt to learn would make me feel like an asshole, even if you could get around fine without it. Makes sense that fewer of the ossies know English. I wonder if more of them know Russian?

Got to go get some gravgrav for Father’s Day Eve.

[youtube]l2Xfl4LSKrI[/youtube]

RAD

Last minute camping thing with Josh and squirrel.