I went for a ride today, here are some pictures (old)

Thanksgiving fatbike ride. Took my pugs down to the Atlantic Ocean and rode to a sweet bonfire that the town fire department throws. Pallets for scale. BIG fire.

Sleeping outside tonight, on the water, in our new tent. HY!

OMGYES

Bombed around some single track on this increasingly ugly and weird machine for a bit today. Only crashed a couple of times!

Was too lazy to drive out of the city, so I got in some chill laps in McLaren park. There’s a mishmash of really nice, mellow singletrack and kind of mediocre singletrack in there, but there’s a whole fucking lot of it for a park inside city limits. The sight lines are pretty good and the dog walkers and hikers don’t really seem to give a shit that I’m riding there as long as I give them space and don’t just come flying around blind corners. You have to stop often enough that you rarely get a full, uninterrupted run down some of the longer trails, but everybody seems pretty courteous and reasonable, which is kind of surprising in San Francisco these days.

There are also some pretty nice views of the bay and the southeastern part of the city (pictured, with a bike in the way).

Went to Vermont to see my SO’s family for thanksgiving. Got a couple rides in, the northeast is beautiful! Was so windy, was coasting at 13 mph no pedaling. Then had to pedal back later. haha

Rode some beautiful trails through some autumnal woods.

[quote=shane.rrr]

Went to Vermont to see my SO’s family for thanksgiving. Got a couple rides in, the northeast is beautiful! Was so windy, was coasting at 13 mph no pedaling. Then had to pedal back later. haha[/quote]

You were here for a spurt of truly perfect late fall weather. Gorgeous weekend. The wind was absolutely nuts yesterday - I took the farm roads and felt like I was pushing against a linebacker.

[quote=mdilthey][quote=shane.rrr]

Went to Vermont to see my SO’s family for thanksgiving. Got a couple rides in, the northeast is beautiful! Was so windy, was coasting at 13 mph no pedaling. Then had to pedal back later. haha[/quote]

You were here for a spurt of truly perfect late fall weather. Gorgeous weekend. The wind was absolutely nuts yesterday - I took the farm roads and felt like I was pushing against a linebacker.[/quote]

It was amazing. Cold but perfect. I can’t wait to go back to the northeast.

A lunchtime blast just now. That improved my mood. Nearly killed myself on the wife’s fully tho, I’m faster and a lot safer on my drop barred bike. I need to ride f/s more.

I love mine. They make UberMachoBros uncomfortable, which makes me happy.

Like.

[quote=cousinmosquito]A lunchtime blast just now. That improved my mood. Nearly killed myself on the wife’s fully tho, I’m faster and a lot safer on my drop barred bike. I need to ride f/s more.
[/quote]
Does this bike have gripshift and bb7s?

It certainly does. Both working like a dream. 9 speed. Clack cack clack. No more binding brakes bullshit either now that I ditched the Ouro hydros. Wife’s bike, hence the dropper. Not sure she’s even ridden it this year.

I went on a ride today, here are some pictures. Four fatbikes and a wicked homebrew. The first Sunday Sofa King Slow Jam Fatbike Ride with Laughing Dog Bicycles

Trail scouting with High Mileage Steve on a century loop. His daughter was visiting, so he couldn’t join us.

I did this section of rail too. I didn’t know I could actually do that. That’s me in the Safety Susan vest.

That’s me on the left, then Noah, Matt, Ben, and Rob. Rob is the guy behind pretty much all the bike infrastructure at UMass, including the bus bike racks used by the entire region. Ben and Noah work at Laughing Dog, and Ben just built up that Moonlander last week (this is Ride #2). Matt is a local rider and I don’t know his whole story, but he’s a WICKED nice guy and I had a blast watching him and Noah. They’re way ahead of the rest of us.

New buddy Matt welded everything on that bike himself, including the truss fork. It was really light, and really fun (I tested it out).

Where can i read more about that bike?

Stumbled on to this big cross race while out riding around.
Untitled by rudyluciani, on Flickr
Untitled by rudyluciani, on Flickr

Got out on the mtb for the first in a couple months. Felt good but I am out of shape haha.

I don’t know if there’s more info online. The dropouts are gorgeous and carved-out. The geometry is XC, and the headtube angle is designed for a rigid fork. He made the trusses detachable so that if the bike barspins in a crash, they’ll just break loose and not damage the fork itself.

So the trusses are cosmetic?