I went for a ride today, here are some pictures (old)

Me: “So, can you feel the Truss working?”

Him: “Yeah, I think a little bit. I’ll tell you what. It’s not not stiff, you know?”

He was a cool guy, I think tarck would like his style. You could tell that this was a project he was just doing to see if he could do it, and to learn.

Finally snowed. Was raining and 55 yesterday, hit 17 overnight with a couple inches of snow on top of that.

Made it to work and back on some well worn re-fuse tires with no drama despite the thick layers of rumbly ice coating everything. Except the bike path, which was plowed by 830 this morning.

Gonna try and get the POS ice bike running tonight.

Jelly

Snow’s hitting us this weekend!

McLaren is p-good. Definitely a lot of older Chinese folks milling around but I find they avoid steeper, rockier trails and like you said, really good at sharing the trail. It’s still the best park for CX training I’ve found in SF, given how crowded most of GG park is.

Cliched ride that I’ve done a million times, but the view never gets old. No rain clouds in sight means no snow at Tahoe, but the great biking weather is a nice consolation.

What a view! Is the ride like MUP paved paths or what?

Hawk hill itself is mostly road shoulder, but it’s surprisingly empty that time of day (evening). There are a lot of gravel trails behind it though.

3 from October

MUP in MD
bikes by Austen Mack-Crane, on Flickr

Chain bridge & the potomac before noodling some short riverside singletrack
Potomac by Austen Mack-Crane, on Flickr

kenilworth aquatic gardens on the way home from riding Ft Dupont
kenilworth_3 by Austen Mack-Crane, on Flickr

You really need to true your front wheel - disaster waiting to happen, that.

meh, I have to rebuild it with a new rim anyway, too lazy to do anything before that

First and possibley the last TT of the season. It hadn’t rained for over a month, until I headed home… Roman-candelled that one. A distinct absence of watts.

Rode for about an hour and a half. Just saw the usual kinds of things you see when you’re out riding, totally normal.

That’s a bigass bike. The white one is pretty big too.

Needs a miniature bicycle under your bottom bracket

Afterwork 25k “Brevet”

Checkpoint 1: IKEA

Bigger… on Flickr

Checkpoint 2: Bar

Spent way to long at this checkpoint, didn’t make the time cut-off.

All brown, all the time.

[quote=dotMR]Afterwork 25k “Brevet”

Checkpoint 1: IKEA

Bigger… on Flickr

Checkpoint 2: Bar

Spent way to long at this checkpoint, didn’t make the time cut-off.[/quote]
I hope that’s like a lamp or something light that just takes a huge box. I gotta know.

[quote=VT regularbike]
I hope that’s like a lamp or something light that just takes a huge box. I gotta know.[/quote]

Kids loft bed. I think ~50 kg. The bike handles surprisingly well with most loads. It gets a little wonky when you start pushing 100kg though.

Yeah but why get something so heavy?

Wanna carry less weight? Poop.