I went for a ride today, here are some pictures (old)

that looks like fun.

Road tested the tailhooklengthener on the nuovo record rear mech. Worked like a dream through 650 vertical strava metres and 25 mins of CBD with 14 sets of lights. 13-30 on the back. 54/42 on the front. Very happy.

That thing is so good.

I don’t need any more bikes but a fop pugeot would be such a smooth commuter.

Although, is there a reason you don’t get an 80s nerd crank for it instead of tail hook lengthener? I’m assuming there’s probably some french thread fuckery going on with the BB at least.

[quote=kmcdon]That thing is so good.

I don’t need any more bikes but a fop pugeot would be such a smooth commuter.

Although, is there a reason you don’t get an 80s nerd crank for it instead of tail hook lengthener? I’m assuming there’s probably some french thread fuckery going on with the BB at least.[/quote]
Well, I am kind of new to retro shizzle, and only re-built the Peugeot after a buddy gave it to me, for Erotica Japan. Obviously it is supposed to have french running gear, but it was mostly toast, and another friend gave me some Nuova Record rear mech and shifters. The rear is not compatible with Peugeot drop-outs, so I used a Durace 8 speed, which worked well. I saw the THL as a way to make the campy derailler work, and give a bit more of a contiguous look.

I was told, or read somewhere that the campy nuovo rear mech was built for around 5-6 sprockets in a mostly straight block, and even then you could only rely on n-1 of them to shift consistently. I am totally of this era (I think) but did not race bikes back then. I’m pretty sure a nerd-crank would have way more chain to deal with than this derailer could handle.

Here is some guff on it. Love this site. Disraeligears

What’s the rear hub and O.L.D. on the Pugo? Have an old Bianchi with a 120 O.L.D. rear and trying to figure out whether I should just jam a 7 speed Shimano there.

The answer is probably yes. But you should really cold-set to 130.

It’s a Shimano 600 tricolor with a 30 - 11 8 speed cassette with the 11 removed. Now 30 to 13.

It’s a Shimano 600 tricolor with a 30 - 11, 8 speed cassette with the 11 removed. Now 30 to 13. I haven’t concsiously cold set it !

Grabbed a quick ride before the next storm.

Ive gotta try those bars properly one day. Working from home today. Cyclone Gita is coming to town. Tired of storms and shit weather in our “summer”.

Communting on the TA route this morning. Nothing happening except for a stiff head wind.

Excuse the turdly bike

You go camping?

I made a Quik edit of my mixed surface metric century yesterday. Muting the audio is probably preferred.
[youtube]ACvDvtOtN4E[/youtube]

Devinci Hatchet Carbonara?

Yep. Crabon 105.

This sign always give me a chuckle:
Untitled by rudyluciani, on Flickr
I didn’t make it too far down this path before it got too muddy for this bike.
Untitled by rudyluciani, on Flickr

Not a tarck approved activity?

I did a fun loop over in Eastern Washington last week, weather was fantastic, I love riding over there.
Full Set: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_squirrel/albums/72157691568490772

Is that outside of Wenatchee?