Indoor bike storage

how do you guys store bikes inside? I’m moving to a small place and don’t know what the best thing to do is.

how many bikes?

when i was down to 2 i just had them strewn about the living room. now that theres 6 i have half of them hung up in the living room and the other 3 strewn about.

hanging them up really helps when i put the non-hung ones out in the fake apartment “garage”

Ceiling hooks. No other way to store as many bikes as we have in our household. We need to figure out how to hold more. Not nearly enough hooks up right now.

Between the four of us who live here, we have 18 bikes. Luckily track bikes are at the track in track lockers and I left my cross bike at the bike shop for the last 6 months.

last year i had some of those bed riser blocks from ikea, i used to take the wheels off and throw a bike under my twin bed. stopped when i saw my bed frame was coming unglued and could fall at any moment, leading to crushed bike.

I’ve got one of these with a frame and a complete bike on each pair of hooks. Three other complete bikes sit on the floor.

To avoid leaning bikes against one another, get some of these:

(my favorite, but not for fat aluminum or carbon. Also good for simple repairs)
or

or

Doesn’t someone start this same thread every six months?

^^ pretty awesome atmo

this monocle guy is a douche, i’m tempted not to respond. but my gf just moved in with me and space is tight. i had my bikes on the wall, just got them up out of harms way.

Yeah. Nice solution for renting.

I’ve got two rows of hooks in the garage. 2"x4" screwed into the wall studs and hooks screwed into the 2"x4". There’s enough room to hang 6 bikes on each side if you alternate hanging from front and back wheels.

Anyone else have problems hanging squish bikes like that? My headshok always leaks oil (for lockout) when I do this.

Take advantage of awkward corners. The performance rack holds four bikes nicely. Usually just keep one or two other ones down coz ride them more.

Your wheels are made of light!

Probably about 4-5 bikes and can’t drill in the walls or anything. Probably will just get a stand thing that can hold two then just have the others down

I have this and, while it does hold 4 bikes (you have to buy two more sets of hooks), it’s pretty flimsy feeling and I want to sell it before I break it.

I think that I want to replace it with the Topeak TwoUp stand, which we use as a display rack for a couple of bikes on the floor at the shop. It is sturdy and heavy and somewhat ugly, but I should have bought it in the first place. Can also be used to hold 4 bikes.

I have this and, while it does hold 4 bikes (you have to buy two more sets of hooks), it’s pretty flimsy feeling and I want to sell it before I break it.

I think that I want to replace it with the Topeak TwoUp stand, which we use as a display rack for a couple of bikes on the floor at the shop. It is sturdy and heavy and somewhat ugly, but I should have bought it in the first place. Can also be used to hold 4 bikes.

I’d like to start building those wooden bike shelves that people seem to sell for ridiculous amounts. Got half a woodshop set up so far in my storage space and hope to get the 2nd half by the end of the summer.

I doubt I’ll use one though. Bike leans against wall.

made this dude for my woods class this last semester. there are shelves (modular in the sense that they can be on the inside or outside and on whichever side the shelf isn’t, there are hooks to hang things on) and it’s a pull down drawer face. really difficult to think of something bike related with wood, since i want to focus on bikes for all possible school related projects. anyways, i’ll probably never use it, but i could see someone with one sweet fixie wanting it in their loft.

Those topeak stands are great. I have one I sometimes bring to shows- it also stores high use bikes. The Ice Toolz/ Sinz/ Lifu steel floor stands are also great for an on-the-floor grab and go set up.