Indoor bike storage

I just found a new stand: the Feedback repair stand that came in the mail today.

DQ: Is it dumb to set the clamp horizontal and balance my bike from the TT? It’s in a spot where it won’t be bumped, lest my cats discover that there’s a new way to damage something I care about.

snagged from ‘my house is a shithole’ thread.

When I move into the house my roommate bought I’ll probably hang my stable (of 3) from my room’s ceiling since he doesn’t want it to be a ‘bike house’

:frowning:

group buy? haha

[quote=imoscardotcom]

When I move into the house my roommate bought I’ll probably hang my stable (of 3) from my room’s ceiling since he doesn’t want it to be a ‘bike house’[/quote]

wat

fuck that dude.

You should build wheels at the dinner table while glaring at him menacingly. Maybe leave a tire lever on his desk every now and then.

When I crashed at my brothers place before moving here there were 5 other people and about as many bikes in the living room. I usually had to dig mine out from 2 or 3 other bikes every morning that had just been dropped on top of it. Fucking sucked.

The basement here has rows of hooks, but only me and 2 other people use them (not counting all the bikes that are NEVER used, I hung most of those myself). Everyone else who rides regularly just parks them with a kickstand so I have to navigate through them and lift my shit over and around it all. It seems every bike room in Stockholm is like this.

But… but, Sweden. Sweden.

1. Set off an Ikea bomb or two.
  2. ???
  3. Organized.

Right?

[quote=TimLOKOed]
I’ve got one of these with a frame and a complete bike on each pair of hooks. Three other complete bikes sit on the floor.[/quote]

This one is surprisingly sturdy and stable for how delicate it looks. I have my 22-lb. Giant roadie on the top, and a 33lb+ Niner full suspension on the bottom.

I lean a third bike against the Niner and call it a day. If I get four bikes I’ll probably have to figure something else out.

[quote=akasnowmaaan][quote=TimLOKOed]
I’ve got one of these with a frame and a complete bike on each pair of hooks. Three other complete bikes sit on the floor.[/quote]

This one is surprisingly sturdy and stable for how delicate it looks. I have my 22-lb. Giant roadie on the top, and a 33lb+ Niner full suspension on the bottom.

I lean a third bike against the Niner and call it a day. If I get four bikes I’ll probably have to figure something else out.[/quote]

Only thing i don’t like about those is how the rubber on the hooks starts to split apart. I’ll be wrapping mine with twine or something pretty soon.

Oh and also how the hooks fall out of position if you accidentally knock them from the bottom, but zip-ties take care of that.

Granted, the bikes I keep on my rack don’t get used much. Right now it is covered in road frames and cross bikes. The sweet fixie and road bike are on the floor. In the winter, The cross bikes are on the floor and road stuff is on the rack.

[quote=akasnowmaaan][quote=TimLOKOed]

I lean a third bike against the Niner and call it a day. If I get four bikes I’ll probably have to figure something else out.[/quote]

I’ve made 4 work.

I drilled holes and put hooks in the attic. But that got kind of annoying since there were two or three bikes that I wanted to keep in main rotation, so I hung two hooks in my kitchen. I rented, but made sure to patch/paint before I left. So I had a few in my attic, then I had two on hooks and one on the floor. It basically worked, but I was also living by myself.

[quote=SUPERVEEPS]But… but, Sweden. Sweden.

1. Set off an Ikea bomb or two.
  2. ???
  3. Organized.

Right?[/quote]
lol iknorite

The apartment building had a cleaning day a few weeks ago and we threw out like 6 or 7 bikes to try and free up some hooks. Now the hooks sit free and middle aged women park wherever there seems to be space. I should tell Lovely Bicycle where here cruiser bikes were really meant to live; in a pile in the basement.

her bikes are built to be stored out side bro. She reminds us everyday

The out side.

[quote=SUPERVEEPS]Only thing i don’t like about those is how the rubber on the hooks starts to split apart. I’ll be wrapping mine with twine or something pretty soon.

Oh and also how the hooks fall out of position if you accidentally knock them from the bottom, but zip-ties take care of that.[/quote]

Yeah, the rubber’s just starting to go on mine. Gotta fix that.

I fixed the hook problem by replacing the single sided bolt with a nut and bolt and some loctite. Those fuckers don’t move at all now.

[quote=littletinyfish]

I drilled holes and put hooks in the attic. But that got kind of annoying since there were two or three bikes that I wanted to keep in main rotation, so I hung two hooks in my kitchen. I rented, but made sure to patch/paint before I left. So I had a few in my attic, then I had two on hooks and one on the floor. It basically worked, but I was also living by myself.[/quote]
Holy shit. Epic attic.

^That was only a quarter of it. Could have hung bikes for daze. Sadly not living there (space wise) but happily living elsewhere (everything else wise).

Besides hooks, anyone figure out a good way to hang wheels? Cant bring myself to ever get rid of anything.

Rope? Screws? How else do you hang something if you don’t use a hook?

antigravity platform
duh

A witches broom. The spell to make it float in one place might cost a little extra depending on whether it’s a student or pro witch. Just make sure she doesn’t bring a crappy dollar store broom as they won’t support the weight. It’s gotta be artisan.