It's a good day.

1. Find well-preserved Jack Taylor tandem that should fit wife and I.
  2. Wife is into it.
  3. Seller says it’s still available but is going overseas for four months - potentially time to scrape dough together to actually be able to afford it by the time he gets back.

:bear:

I actually bought it 45 minutes ago.

:colbert:

Where’d you find that anyways? I don’t remember seeing any nice tandems on CL, and I dig around there all the time.

I guess I was digging at the right time. There was a Bilenky tandem for like $850 not too long ago. This is much cooler though.

I am having the hardest time selling my old 1968 Schwinn Twinn Tandem. Tons of interested buyers, but they all back out. I think the notion of owning a tandem is a lot more appealing than actually owning a tandem to the buyers. I have this beast taking up my back room and have only gotten to ride it with dudes. If I had a GF I probably wouldn’t be selling…

how much for that schwinn? and where you located?

WHOA WHOA WHOA
I have been in the market for a Schwinn Twin, along with the questions frankstoneline asked can we get some pictures and see what kind of condition is it in.

i like the way you think scott.

Y’all are going to get hosed on shipping.

I am only interested in a local bay area pickup. Thats why I seconded frankstoneline’s question about where he is located.

word, I want somethign i can meet someone somewhere for basically.

[quote=“tarckeemoon”]1. Find well-preserved Jack Taylor tandem that should fit wife and I.
2. Wife is into it.
3. Seller says it’s still available but is going overseas for four months - potentially time to scrape dough together to actually be able to afford it by the time he gets back.

:bear:[/quote]

Sweet! Photos please! (If ya got any)

I’ve been looking for a nice vintage tandem for a while now to replace my modern one. Not many vintage tandems in Australia… :colbert:

[quote=“wotan”]
Sweet! Photos please! (If ya got any)

I’ve been looking for a nice vintage tandem for a while now to replace my modern one. Not many vintage tandems in Australia… :colbert:[/quote]

The guy did send me a few but I don’t want to post them yet because, well, the bike isn’t in our hands yet. A lot could change in four months, so it’s far from a done deal.

If it falls through I’ll be lobbying for a new Bike Friday tandem, which is definitely a more practical choice. They’re nerdy as hell, but a packable tandem is a pretty awesome concept, and they’re easily adjustable to fit lil’ tarckstars.