its been a good morning...

so…i was buying a coffee at the caf here at uni and there’s some random standing there with some bike wheels. they look nice i start talking to him and looking at them. they turn out to be mavic gp-4’s laced 3x to suntour superbe road hubs . he mentions he’s on his way to sell them to some guy from a web forum and somehow i wound up buying them instead. he was gonna get $110 from the original buyer so i gave him $130. fuck yeah, sweet wheels at what i would think is about half what i’d pay in the used shops here or from fyxomatosis. now all i need is the rest of a geared bike…

pics later.

Brian is gonna be pissed. :bear:

Mavic GP-4s are my favorite rim of all time. I want to stockpile a lifetime supply.

damn that other dude got hosed.

ur a damn tarcksnake

(tarckbear still king)

yeah, but the guy kinda had it comin. he was getting the seller to travel like 30min out of the city to give them to some guy who was gonna send them to sydney. he said he’d be happy to sell them to anyone as long as they were cool…so i win.

after looking on ebay i’m not sure if the deal was as good as i originally thought. road shit goes a lot cheaper than i thought, but it was still a good buy.

and yeah, gp-4 are my all time favorite looking rim and i assume they’re a nice ride too…so…i win some more. the hubs are near mint too.

Clinchers or singles?

um, if by singles you mean tubulars, then yeah singles.

did you register just to ask that?

He’s the dude who was supposed to buy them. Revenge time.

uhoh…

[quote=“aek”]. he said he’d be happy to sell them to anyone as long as they were cool…so i win.
[/quote]

your not cool though

that’s an ok deal i guess if the sides of the rims aren’t too worn.
yeah gp4 are awesome. i have one on the back of my tarck bike and it is a tuff rim.

i got some 32h gel 280 for free the other day. there were laced to some crecord track hubs but the guy parted them out. i got the rims because most dislike tubs/singles.

oh the humanity, think of the abo’s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10BbpGKLXqk

oh shit…what have i done?!

[quote=“aek”]um, if by singles you mean tubulars, then yeah singles.

did you register just to ask that?[/quote]

I rode on a set of GP4’s with Conti Sprinters for about 6 months. Only had one epic puncture, and that is pretty good on Adelaide roads!

And yes I just had to ask that. Unfortunately I am not the intended purchaser of the wheels coming out of cyberspace to exact my revenge on you.

That would be humorously awesome and coincidental, though!

Grats. I can’t wait to lace up my tubulars, I just need hubs (and spokes, but I can’t get those without knowing what hub I’m getting).

oh damn, it would have been so awesome if you were, can you just pretend?

why did you stop riding yours and dont gp4’s only come as a tubular?

oh yeah…fuck you. welcome to uglybikes.com

PLEASE GIVE ME BACK MY WHEELS. does that do it for you?

I stopped running GP4’s because I run clinchers on the road and they were laced to a 6 speed cluster and I am now running 10 speed.

here they are

I’m in the same situation. I have a sweet geared wheel set, with casette, but no bike to put them on yet.