Jackass eBay/Craigslist Turn Sandwich of the day

Sent him a snarky email. why not.

“Machined stem for a vintage track bike look”

also, it has one brake lever + a cable doubler

i like how he included the vintage track bike pictures to make it clear that this is totally normal and not a thing he’s doing because of his t-rex fit

I like how he took photos in a bike like retail location, to legitimise his contraption

it’s not even a t-rex fit, because the saddle is slammed all the way BACK on the rails.

i also didn’t realize it was possible to have a 0mm stem.

I sent him a quick snark email, “This is a joke, right?”

his response:

[quote]Hi Brian,
Thank you for expressing interest in my bike. People buy what they can afford. There are many things in this world that are expensive and rare. This is one of them. If you can’t afford it or feel that it’s overpriced, simply move on and buy what you can afford. This was a 5 year project with some serious thought. I couldn’t just go out and buy this vision, I had to just build it. I guarantee that you won’t find another one like it, hints as to why you just didn’t move on, but decided that e-mailing me with your hidden insults was a good idea. You can’t afford to even make me a stand tall offer. Some people buy rare cars and others buy Honda’s. Enjoy your Honda, but know that you’ll look like every other robot in the world. A suggestion for you, try to build one. The price then will start to look extremely affordable. Good luck.[/quote]

I sent him an email with a link to this auction: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142667172544

I hope he responds to me with the Honda bit. To which I’ll reply “Here’s the thing: that’s the Honda.”

Incredible

For $2500 you could buy a real Honda

I love how, in his mind, not appreciating and making an offer on his bike just means you’re another mindless automaton.

Please email him a link to this discussion. I really really want him to defend himself in here.

lmao this guy

Please join tarck rare cannondale bro

His reply is somehow too gross and not gross enough. That bike dictates an emoji only reply.

I’m just curious how it would feel to ride a bike with a cockpit like that.
Awful, I’m sure. But awful in ways that I can’t really imagine.

I asked him how much for the stem and QR skewers and he told me $500. He knows he’s being trolled.

Imagine working in a shop and this goober comes in and says “Lemme take a photo of my bike in your stand.”

I want to know why it’s not being sold with the white aero seatpost. What shitshow bike is it on now?

i’m assuming the owner realized that the aero post made the seat approximately 5 inches too high for him to be able to adequately put both feet on the ground at a stoplight.

Lol. The first shop I worked at had a bunch of trade in semi-aero posts that used to come standard on TCR’s. I wanted one for my sweet fixie so bad but never followed through.