Kilo or Jury?

so, i’m deciding between a bike island kilo and a jury for my beater/commuter/hauling shit bike. i have most of the parts i need already from my pista that i broke. so, i ask you, the connoisseurs of tarckbike.com, for your imput.
here are my arguements:
people drive like dicks here. need something that is decently responsive, but not super track.
i live in las vegas, so i really don’t need fenders. (i figure if i ever need them, i’ll get the sks raceblades. mudgaurds if they’ll fit)
28c tires.
front porteur rack, most likely w/nitto b603 bars OR b259 bars for a different feel (i have both + diff stems)
front brake only, most likely. rear if i decide to tour or something.
rear rack w/panniers in the future (most likely)
and by BI geometry, i’m gonna say i’ll get the 53 bc the 55/6cm has too long of a tt.

Brian? Brian? Where’s Brian?

Cross Check.

(Had to do it)

If you really plan to use it to haul much, I would want a rear brake (and the cable stops brazed on). If the jury has better eyelets for rack set-up, get that.

get a kilo OS
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=547539

I don’t understand how everyone has been telling him to do a Pista Concept knock-off for what seems like years, and he comes up with this shit.

…at least you could put 2 top tube pads on it. fucking bikeforums.

lmfao.

[quote=sneaky viking]I don’t understand how everyone has been telling him to do a Pista Concept knock-off for what seems like years, and he comes up with this shit.

…at least you could put 2 top tube pads on it. fucking bikeforums.[/quote]

i hope thats a joke

Seriously, WTF is that thing? What a terrible idea. I don’t exactly see the world begging for an inexpensive grass track racer.

[quote=sneaky viking]I don’t understand how everyone has been telling him to do a Pista Concept knock-off for what seems like years, and he comes up with this shit.

…at least you could put 2 top tube pads on it. fucking bikeforums.[/quote]

hahaha! that has to be the stupidest piece of shit I’ve ever seen.

also, to obliquely answer the OP with another question: why would anyone want more than one bike without gears? In my experience, anything which remotely ressembles touring or pulling stuff on a fixie is going to be a major pain.

i think the concept is in the works. being held up because he can’t get da track parts

my (55cm) kilo won’t fit a 28c tire in the front.
it also won’t fit faceblade fenders in the front. no clearance between the downtube and the fender.
my heels clip the panniers, unless i put them super far back, and then they flap around a lot on the blackburn rack i’m using. so i had to switch to a rack top bag. also, my thighs clip the frnt of the rack when i’m trackstanding, but that may just be my personal technique issues.

I think the Jury is a really cool setup. I will be picking one up when funds allow. One thing to keep in mind is the freaking special front brakes costs 25 percent as much as the whole frame. Check out the Fantom Cross Uno if you want more stable geo and canti mounts.

facepalm

[quote=bold]get a kilo OS
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=547539[/quote]
holy
shit

[quote=bold]get a kilo OS
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=547539[/quote]that thing is horrid and i can’t believe he is getting that much positive feedback.

[quote=x]why would anyone want more than one bike without gears? In my experience, anything which remotely ressembles touring or pulling stuff on a fixie is going to be a major pain.[/quote]i race track. i definitely can’t race a kilo at adt with 46 degree banking. my bk is what that is for (because i cracked my concept)

[quote=bward1028]my (55cm) kilo won’t fit a 28c tire in the front.
it also won’t fit faceblade fenders in the front. no clearance between the downtube and the fender.
my heels clip the panniers, unless i put them super far back, and then they flap around a lot on the blackburn rack i’m using. so i had to switch to a rack top bag. also, my thighs clip the frnt of the rack when i’m trackstanding, but that may just be my personal technique issues.[/quote]good to know. i wish the jusry came in the new blue the kilo comes in.

decisions, decisions, decisions.

there was an epic ad for eighth inch saying they have “everything you need for fixed gears” then scrolling to ourys and colored chains. i keep refreshing the page hoping to see it again and find out what else i need.

you must have some messed up needs then.

and that kilo OS is horrendous. i want to tell him he’s an idiot if he thinks he’ll make money off of that, but i have to hand it to the guy for making whatever the people at brianforums want. the guy has more product lines than GM.

why can’t you ride a kilo on the track? alpenrose is 43deg here, i’ve ridden my kilo on it. people regularly race kilos and similar frames on it. sure, they’re not as nice as a BK or concept, but i don’t see why it isn’t doable

UARRRRRRRRRRRGHH