Knees..

anyone else have sore knees? anythign to do, to make them not hurt?

they never hurt when i ride, but i just got back from my first backpacking trip since, staring to ride one, and my knees hurt on that, and they never have before.

sometimes when you get back on the bike or do something you haven’t done in a while you use different muscles that have not been used in a while. You will prolly just be sore for a day or two and then good as new.

Could also be seat adjustment.

If it’s the front of your knees, raise your seat so that your knee is almost straight (but not locked) on the down stroke

If it’s behind the knee, lower the seat

is it pretty common to get sore knees, riding no brakes? if so, i’ll probably throw on the free wheel and brakes f/r. i’m not sure…

I got sore knees for a little while, it helps if you stretch a little before you start off.

My knees never get sore these days though, and I have definetely stopped stretching.

backpacking is pretty harsh on the knees, depending on conditions: shoes, weight and terrain all come into play. they could just be tired from your trip.

the side of my knee hurts but only when i’m walking around

Riding brakeless is pretty bad for your knees. If you want to keep riding and generally stay in good health for the future, save your knees and put a brake on your bike.

It isn’t at all clear what is causing your problem (biking v. hiking), but make sure that your bike fits you and install a brake. If you are not sure about fit, get somebody that knows what they are doing to look it over.

“give your knees a brake”

+1

1. Use a front brake
  2. Adjust your saddle height/position

and bust more super long skids but make sure to only use the leg that hurts, that way you make it stronger. Your free leg should be on your handlebars steering so to free up your hands for texting and adjusting your bandanas.

my right knee hurt so i put the seat up. it feels okay again.

Stop playing the spoons.

i had this before, but it went away. my friend too, he was relieved when i told him i had the same pain and went away. right under the knee cap i had it. it was just sore i guess. but, im sure we can all agree that hard retention (skidding) is bad for the knees

I fall on my knees a lot when I mountain bike and I wear armor on them too and I’m certain I’ve done life long damage too them. I can’t stand for more then a few hours or when I try and bend my knee and sit I will be in a lot of pain.

Funny to see this thread…I just got back from the doctor. I have a torn LCL in my right knee (the one push hardest on when skidding…) the injury probably wasn’t helped by riding, although it wasn’t caused by it either.

In any case, off the bike for 2 weeks (if I make it that long) and we’ll see how the lasting effects seem after that…

[quote=“sam”]Funny to see this thread…I just got back from the doctor. I have a torn LCL in my right knee (the one push hardest on when skidding…) the injury probably wasn’t helped by riding, although it wasn’t caused by it either.

In any case, off the bike for 2 weeks (if I make it that long) and we’ll see how the lasting effects seem after that…[/quote]

dude that sucks man, hope u get better forever

[quote=“baldy”][quote=“sam”]Funny to see this thread…I just got back from the doctor. I have a torn LCL in my right knee (the one push hardest on when skidding…) the injury probably wasn’t helped by riding, although it wasn’t caused by it either.

In any case, off the bike for 2 weeks (if I make it that long) and we’ll see how the lasting effects seem after that…[/quote]

dude that sucks man, hope u get better forever[/quote]

yeah it’s pretty shitty…although i got these pills that take the pain away and make me drowsy, so maybe the 2 weeks won’t be so bad. Hopefully i will get better forever, but the orthopedic nurse was telling me some horror stories about people trying to run or bike or whatever on the injured leg and just limping around so badly they just ended up fucking the other one up too. So i hope it turns out alright.