left leg right leg

Do other have problems with their dominant leg becoming much stronger than the other? Any tips on fixing this problem?
I normally always just skid with the dominant leg, so that maybe adds to this problem as well.

I was just telling my friend last night that I think my right thigh is gonna get way thicker than my left… I should probably hit the gym or something.

im left handed and skid w/ right leg back. i can skid easily w/ only the right, but not so much w/ the left lol

Work on giving equal power to each pedal when riding and teach your other leg to skid/skip. It takes a while to get used to/comfortable with it.

If you ride brakeless, ambidextrous skipping should be your best friend.

I fucked myself last year because I injured a muscle in my weak leg so it went from mildly favoring to barely even using it. I’m just now getting back to a favoring slightly.

I am COMPLETELY symmetrical.

Well I don’t have that problem because both my legs are weak.

nope - i can skid ambidextrously, but i mostly use brakes. maybe try one footed pedaling drills.

I skid and skip with both legs. Haven’t ridden fixed on the street for a couple months though.

one leg was getting a little bigger but my saddle was a little high, and one leg is slightly shorter. this macde one leg so more work, saddle is lower now and i’v “evened” out.

symmetry is ugly, cut off your non dominant leg.

I thought this was gonna be about jeans :frowning:

Riding rollers will fix this pronto, really. They’re all about even strokes on each leg. Done wonders for me.

Just man up and start doing some heavy squats and deadlifts twice a week. Anyone who cares about leg strength should be proficient in those two exercises.

there is no way i’m doing this. for me to do anything physical it needs to be fun. rollers sound like a good idea. I guess since you arn’t riding on a road, you can concentrate more on the way you are pedaling. But i fear how boring rollers can get.

[quote=“tzusing”]Do other have problems with their dominant leg becoming much stronger than the other? Any tips on fixing this problem?
I normally always just skid with the dominant leg, so that maybe adds to this problem as well.[/quote]
i skid w/ my non-dominant leg

there is no way i’m doing this. for me to do anything physical it needs to be fun. rollers sound like a good idea. I guess since you arn’t riding on a road, you can concentrate more on the way you are pedaling. But i fear how boring rollers can get.[/quote]
for the week I had a set of rollers I would watch a movie. It’s far enough ahead of you to help you balance (dont look down) but it’s not too distracting to keep you from knowing what’s going on with your stroke.

i have to look down. lol. rollers>me

there is no way i’m doing this. for me to do anything physical it needs to be fun. rollers sound like a good idea. I guess since you arn’t riding on a road, you can concentrate more on the way you are pedaling. But i fear how boring rollers can get.[/quote]

Honestly the gym is probably the best way to correct the problem you’re having, but squats/deadlifts aren’t the right approach. Single leg leg-presses and single-leg squats would be far better, using the same weight and reps for both legs. Lunges could also be better. Anyways I wouldn’t knock it before trying it, some of us track racing dudes and roadies have found gym work to be “fun” on a different level. I don’t know, I get a buzz from lifting honestly, like a small adrenaline rush. The best feeling is pedaling your bike in traffic after you recover from the gym though… now that shit is more fun than anything.