let's talk about classic bend bars

what’s the current zeitgeist? i need new bars for the serotta. matchy matchy (-17) stem/(carbon) seatpost gets bonus points. i have deda shallows on 1 bike, not cray cray about the hood transition, and price, and not especially stiff. have rotundos on another, and like them. the transition to 11 speed campy hoods isn’t completely flat, but not too shabby, and honestly i’m not in the flat or die camp anyway. they are the benchmark though, but also like new things. nitto classics on the shark also make me happy, but i want OS and light because this is a race bike.

some contenders:

zipp service course traditional
deda deep
vibe pro 7
ritchey wcs classic

rotundo pro X ARX -17 team stem X dorico team seat post = profit

dubble post

arx pro for matchy white white. we also have some of the doric teams in white from take off cervelos. i was already leaning that way, but always good to keep my mind open. i’ve heard a lot of good things about the pro vibes, but man, shimano, can’t do it. i like the “america fuck yeah” of ritchey or zipp also though. hm.

Taiwan fuck yeah.

arx pro for matchy white white. we also have some of the doric teams in white from take off cervelos. i was already leaning that way, but always good to keep my mind open. i’ve heard a lot of good things about the pro vibes, but man, shimano, can’t do it. i like the “america fuck yeah” of ritchey or zipp also though. hm.[/quote]

I prefer Team coz I have more red/black on my euro frame. I also want to someday go to carbon bars and not have to rebuy everything. :\ Also could only find -17 in Team vs. Pro.

I’d love to do PRO stuff, but I dunno. I am a BIG GUY SPRINTER type so I like big drops more than compacter stuff. Went 3T versus Deda just for something different (have a bunch of Deda track stuff).

If you really wanna go Amuurrrica, you’d do Thomson.

arx pro for matchy white white. we also have some of the doric teams in white from take off cervelos. i was already leaning that way, but always good to keep my mind open. i’ve heard a lot of good things about the pro vibes, but man, shimano, can’t do it. i like the “america fuck yeah” of ritchey or zipp also though. hm.[/quote]

I prefer Team coz I have more red/black on my euro frame. I also want to someday go to carbon bars and not have to rebuy everything. :\ Also could only find -17 in Team vs. Pro.

I’d love to do PRO stuff, but I dunno. I am a BIG GUY SPRINTER type so I like big drops more than compacter stuff. Went 3T versus Deda just for something different (have a bunch of Deda track stuff).

If you really wanna go Amuurrrica, you’d do Thomson.[/quote]
got ya there, i did the oppo on my cervelo since it was black/white. i too am big powa sprinter. the -17 pro is a newer thang. i liked the deda, i just don’t think they’re worth the money. i’d do thomson, but i prefer a crabon seatpost. i hate compact because like to hold the drops in the flat when i sprint and powa climb.

got damn i luv cinelli giro d’italia bars.

gotta find a set in 42 x 26.0 collab though.

want to go rotundo pro x -17 arx pro collabo. ergonova x -6 arx pro isn’t giving me all of it. have isp now so don’t need matchy-matchy post.

however, need 31.6 post for my bianchi that i’m rebuilding. al, what up with those take off posts?

I’m interested in a white 110 ARX.

Fuck Thomson. I’m tired of my bars slipping.

relevant info
slave

If I get this job at zappos, I might just use the shimano ep and grab a pair of those + matchy match stem and post. Oh, and 6700 + 5700.

http://www.bontrager.com/model/08350

sup girl ^^^^^^

6600 SL > 6700 :colbert:

dorp nerds ITT

I have a set of Rotundo Pros in the 42 width if anyone is of interest.

My Debernardi is the Doric Team, Arx Team, Rotundo Pro set up. Is nice, but stem is too long so I might swap it out.

[quote=feta lightning]
ritchey wcs classic[/quote]
Tom Ritchey will not give you the stiffness your are looking for atmo.

every time I ride my Syntace bars, I think they are the most underrated bar out there. not classic bend, but fit so good me.