Loaded front end geometry

the distance it would drop if the wheel was a pizzacutter blade

the standard equation doesn’t model the cross-section of the tire or the pneumatic effects (all silly complicated and with a large effect)

[quote=NKOTB]Bumping 'cos I hope Fred could have something more to say about this:

[quote=blasdelf] There is another elusive sweet spot in the 80mm+ trail range on 90s MTBs that shouldn’t work (it’s extra super floppy) but somehow feels good man at least under 15mph. Still haven’t figured out what the parameters are to get it on purpose.
[/quote][/quote]

I think the high front center and overstability have something to do with it

haven’t really tried to systematize it since only really applicable for dgaf townies

Watching too many bike pictures from Nutmeg Country got me thinking about front loads and mid/long trail again.

The longer trail means that you’re steering more by tilting the bike with your hips than actually turning the handlebars, right? So a longer front-center measurement would mean you have more leverage when you’re coming out of a corner and straightening the bike up again, thus the movement would require less force than it would with a shorter front-center.