Lockring Tool

What brand are you guys using?
I recently killed my Dura Ace one and am in the market for a different one this time.

Which ones do you love or hate? :bear:

The Hozan is pretty good, though on my list of tools I wish I had is the Paul Components Lockring spanner. Circular style lockring tool with replaceable steel teeth. it’s pretty hot.

DH how did you kill it?

I have no idea. Ive had it for a few years. I was using it and the ‘tooth’ that grabs the lockring just popped off.
Im pretty surprised because its not like its some off-brand stuff.

EAI SUPERTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

THEYRE NOT CHEAP

GROUP BUYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

the EAI Supertool can shampoo my crotch. It really isn’t funny how fast both the lockring tooth and the cog tooth get clapped out.

hozan

I have a burly shimano one that has a lockring tool on one end and an 1/8" chainwhip on the other.
It’s awesome.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]I have a burly shimano one that has a lockring tool on one end and an 1/8" chainwhip on the other.
It’s awesome.[/quote]
Thats what i have and that is what broke. :colbert:

IM DUMB AND DONT UNDERSTANDDDD IF THATS A GOOD COMMENT OR A BAD ONEEEEE

EAI SUPERTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

[quote=“deathhare”][quote=“Rusty Piton”]I have a burly shimano one that has a lockring tool on one end and an 1/8" chainwhip on the other.
It’s awesome.[/quote]
Thats what i have and that is what broke. :colbert:[/quote]
Wow.
Really?
It’s so thick and solid.
The old offbrand chainwhip I had would bend when I reefed on it.

IM DUMB AND DONT UNDERSTANDDDD IF THATS A GOOD COMMENT OR A BAD ONEEEEE

EAI SUPERTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL[/quote]

uh, completely a great idea for a tool, but much more chintzy in execution than a tool that costs that much should be.

I like my Harris Modified Hozan

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/tools/fixedgear.html

1 more vote for Hozan. Mine does everything! Well, it does both large and small lockrings, which is a lot!

hozan

Hozan pliers.

I have a hozan spanner as well.
It has always worked and never broken.

i use, and love, the hozan pliers. i also bought, and then returned, the paul lockring tool - it felt awesome to use and there was zero problem with knuckle-bashing/slipping, but it doesn’t work with all lockrings. the tool wouldn’t fit over my phil or campy lockrings, and at $90 thats a deal breaker for me.

Good to know. Good to know.

I’ve got this but the chain that came with it is the smaller size and doesn’t fit too well around my cog. I need to get an old chain to replace it with.