lockup buddies

yeah not many nice track bieks here either.
i probably keep mine just because it handles so nice and i don’t need to sell it.

I locked up next to a Rivendell Atlantis and a Dutch Cargo bike the other day.
The owners came out and we compared monocles and scotch collections.
We then complained about the bastardization of fixie culture.
Two of the above sentences are true.

I often lock up next to a dude with a steel road bike, all black, no stickers, brooks saddle, 28c tires, OPs, brifters, threadless. Pragmatic as fuck.

Often lock up next to riser-fied tarck machines, or next to my friends dark green Surly Crosscheck.

when i do ride my bike to school(only place i really lock it up) i’m usually the only bike there.

i dont think ive ever locked up near any other bikes

wat

i don’t lock up near any bikes. people don’t appreciate nice bikes around here and just drop their bikes on the rack or drag them across other ones. fuck that shit. if my bike gets scratched i want it to have a story, not because some jackass dragged his hooptie ass roadmaster against my tarck steed.

once locked up next to a girl with a steel, red, yellow, and blue look with campy and some hot-ass zebra saddle. the bike would make the bad-ass thread for sure and i’m still kicking myself for not starting a conversation with her. it was at work though, and if she shops there i’ll probably see her again.

definitely suppable

:colbert:

Yesterday I locked up next to some “Rock Machine” MTB, a cheap GT MTB ,and a Rivendell Quickbeam. I rarely encounter tarck bikes unless I’m on Capitol Hill.

Last night someone locked up their Il Pompino next to me. Roll call: Fenders, b17, CR720s, R200s. I was like, sup bro?

Only tarck bikes I encounter are those I’m meeting with. No chance encounters.

most of the time i lock up next to a davidson or a stowe or a torpado or a panasonic
most of the other times i dont even pay attention to waht i lock up next to coz crappy
every now and then i see lock up by a bike so crappy that its awesome

sometiems i look at ym trackbike and think about riding ot then i dont

i dont lock up many places.

My coordinator at school bought a fucking Rivendell.
he also has a fuji del ray with a nexus hub.

Also both bike and hella nudl’d

Immah try and get a pic of the atlantis fo poastin

i never lock up at the same places because unfortunately i commute by car for school so most of my riding is after i get home for errands and pleasure. :frowning:

its rainy so i went under a covered area

next to a kona jake

locked up with like a metal dog leash

I love Il Pompinos.

I lock up next to a Riv at the grocery store occasionally. It’s got North Roads on it. Ridden by a lady who’s partner runs the East Bay Bike Coalition. She’s really nice to talk to. Her partner is a complete douche. He is one of those people that talks without regard to whether you’re listening or interested.