Long Haul Tarcker (err... Trucker) complete

Anyone here own one of these?

I have a bad itch to get one.

the best off-the-rack touring bike on the market, and priced the best, too.

i do not own one yet.

Yeah. It’s a great spec for the money.

I guess I actually just have a bad itch to hit the road. It looks like my honeymoon will be on bikes, but I’m not sure what that’s going to entail yet.

I am now a big fan of Surly products, just about to finish a Cross Check build and for the money it’s a sweet bike, I like steel and I know of a few crash/accident stories that have proven how strong this frame is. I say get one.

Yeah. I am a happy Cross Check owner myself (singlespeed build).

I have a boner for Surly. My slightly tweaked Steamroller frame is in the process of being reborn as an off-road beast.

I love my 'roller and my buddy loves his Trucker. Big tour of somewhere in Mexico on it in the winter.

I definitely have a hard-on for the LHT. I never really liked the looks of utility/touring bikes. But the LHT totally changed my mind on that. When I get some more space (and uh… money), I’m probably getting one. Want to do a long-ass trip in the not-too-distant future.

I want one. A friend of mine used it throughout most of the winter in Kansas and he has nothing but good things to say.

a cross-check will work just fine. i got one for touring b/c i wanted to be able to take off the rack and gear and still have a semi-aggressive ride. although it can be a pain changing up the components and then back for a multi-purpose bike. but if you want a dedicated tourer i guess go for it.

I’m with tjayk, fix up your CC for touring. That’s what I’m doing. Yes, it kind of a pain in the ass, but it’s a whole lot cheaper than buying a new touring bike.

That said, if you’re looking into touring bikes, there is really nothing worth looking at other than the LHT.