Los Angeles doctor gets 5 years for injuring cyclists

Hope he enjoys squealing like a pig.

Justice win.

fucking comments…

i can’t help but feel sorry for all the people involved.
stupid doctor let his anger control him and he made some dumb decisions a few times. now he is paying big time. really sucks for him. he deserves it though.
feel bad for the cyclists too. getting his face all cut up and shit. really sucks.

If the guy was too busy bitching at one of the riders to get their bike out of the road rather than rendering medical assistance to the two who were seriously injured, let him rot. Letting your anger take over in the spur of the moment is one thing (deplorable but understandable), but callously berating the injured when they are in need of care as a medical professional is another.

i hope his celly is a big deebo looking motherfucker.

Hope this guy gets the shit kicked out of him on the regular in there.

What if, instead of 5 years in prison, he got 1 year and his license was revoked for 10 years? It bothers me that we are so quick to take away someone’s right to freedom of movement, but hesitant to revoke their access to the privilege of driving.

…with a shiv carved from a Supertype.

I agree with you on the license revocation. This guy should never be able to legally drive again, nor should anyone that uses their vehicle as a weapon.
However, I’ve known a lot of people who have had their licenses suspended or taken away who still drive. A license is a piece of plastic, it’s presence or lack thereof doesn’t enable or disable a person from driving. Its extremely doubtful that this guy regrets anything besides stopping at the scene. I don’t have any problem with him being locked up for 5 years.

I would hope that a person who drives after having their license revoked would at least drive carefully. If the possibility of being caught driving illegally is not incentive enough to stop, I doubt 5 years in jail would serve to “rehabilitate” them anyway.

How would you ‘rehabilitate’ Christopher Thompson?
Not trying to be snarky, just curious.

His license was permanently revoked.

His license was permanently revoked.[/quote]
:bear:

finally i agree with sol about something

edit: Where did you read that, Heath? I didn’t see any reference to his license being revoked in any of the articles I skimmed over, just the 5 year sentence.

Good.

Does anything really think he’ll spend all 5 years in jail? He’s white, he’s rich… He’ll be out in 16 months at the most, and probation for the rest.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/01/news/l-a-road-rage-doctor-gets-five-years_102274

Good.

Does anything really think he’ll spend all 5 years in jail? He’s white, he’s rich… He’ll be out in 16 months at the most, and probation for the rest.[/quote]