Mercier assembly.

I know, right? Mike is stepping his game up.

needs more spacers!!!

Reinstall the BB and cog before doing any real riding.

nice looking, ok.
the bolts are horrible china crap though…

We just finished.
It’s sitting in my living room looking sexy.
Fuck purple deep-v’s.
He’s getting them built right now.

He willing to sell the stock wheelset?

My new kilo comes in tomorrow too :slight_smile: I’m excited. I’ve got a pile of parts waiting for it.
Now I can go clipless on my TK2 and leave my HED disc on, king of sprints :smiley:
And I’ll take the kilo off some 4 stairs this weekend.

← Stoked.

[quote=“GRHebard”]My new kilo comes in tomorrow too :slight_smile: I’m excited. I’ve got a pile of parts waiting for it.
Now I can go clipless on my TK2 and leave my HED disc on, king of sprints :smiley:
And I’ll take the kilo off some 4 stairs this weekend.

← Stoked.[/quote]

Well supposedly Ogden is getting a Velodrome in the next few years, so you might be able to actually use it for what it’s made for. If you’re into it. Seems like a lot of the hipster scene around the SL,UT wouldn’t be just by looking at them.

the purple is not tarck enough, at all. almost look dark blue.

I, too, am getting my Mercier (Kilo TT Pro) on Monday. I am fucking stoked cause it’s my first bike since that sweet flatland BMX GT I had in Jr. High School.

Glad to hear it’s a quick assemble, still going to have my Tarck homie help out cause I have a tendancy to break shit and he’s got the goods.

Thanks to the community for letting me lurk, troll, and generally add nothing, this site’s a solid read for my workday.

He is.
To me.
For forty bucks.

:colbert: Ill give him fifty :colbert:

Do you not have a fixed wheelset or something?

why shouldn’t the square taper be greased?

It needs to be as clean and tight of a connection as possible. Any foreign matter can lead to the crank working itself loose and getting wallered/rounded out. Once this happens, even if only slightly, the crankarm is completely useless.

Also, even if the parts oxidize together and “seize,” a crank puller will still take them apart easily. So grease isn’t needed in that respect.

Because it’s neither a dynamic surface nor one without a release angle (seatposts and their respective seattubes, for example, have parallel surfaces). It’s not necessary and can lead to overtightening and splitting the crank, because there is not enough friction when you install it.

I’m surprised BD sprung for a 4 bolt face stem. The Kilo looks really nice.

This too.

Hey Folks,

Lookin’ for your $0.02 here…

I got my Kilo TT Pro in the mail last week and everything assembled well, save one part - I stripped the hub when putting on the lockring. This was after we rotofixed the cog and started to tighten the lockring the hub stripped - just a ‘watch out’ for any future Kilo TT assemblers out there.

I was just going to buy some Formulas and spokes and rebuild the wheels, which costs around $100, and the experience would be nice.

But, I could get some Formulas already laced to Alex rims for about $100, and then have an extra wheelset.

Finnaly, BikesDirect is offering me some wholesale options, only one of which is interesting - this wheelset - http://bikeisland.com/cgi-bin/BKTK_STOR … ProdID=611 - for $140.

So my question is - what would you do? I don’t know anything about the Vueltas, but I do know that Formulas are solid for the price.

Thanks and fuck you.

i’d go with the formulas to alex

just dont strip it

Seriously.
Stripping hubs is a pain.