messenger bag, pannier, backpack and saddle bag talk

I want a bag that has a sleeve in the back to put an ice pack in to reduce sweaty back

hmmm mess bag that turns into panniers . . . . .thats totally doable.

it would just need hooks or whatever is needed to attach to a rack along the back. The strap can just buckle in the front when on the bike to keep it out of the way.

only issue i see is that those clips will hurt like a bitch against your back haha. If u can work out that detail i think ur on to something

You could try wearing synthetic shirts, they dry really quickly.

Also

What about the insulated compartment for the 6-pack I want to bring home?

My school / bike backpack.

i would be very interested in a smaller version of this.
or for you to make me a saddlebag in general.

Kevlar webbing would be very difficult to cut without the correct set of scissors.

I like the bag. How much exposed seatpost would you say is optimal for best fitment? Would it work with those of use who have only a fistful of post sticking up?

don’t like that seatpost needs to be removed.

concerning backpack panniers: plastic bits on outside. will also keep straps out of wheel. rolltop would be best bet.

Blicks GB!!!

I thought about buying a rapha bag but fucking 150? fuck that. I’m getting a large bailey works. Y/N?

baileyworks are awesome.

re: camelbak compartment

just put this
http://www.camelbak.com/sports-recreation/hydration-packs/unbottle-70oz.aspx
on the inside of our chrome. Easy.

Blicks, on a serious tip, I’m looking at the boxy front bags that rest on small front rack (decaleur?), and the cheapest is the Velo Orange one at like $95, and french ones are double or triple that. They are all leather/cotton/twee-looking; I think there’ld be a market for a more rubberized/ortlieb-looking bag in that shape. Maybe vegan?

i’ve seen some before.

oh, do tell…?

Rivendell is doing a whole set of vegan bags soon.

not sure where i saw them, but i get the impression that there are a lot out there? most are handlebar mountable though they could probably be made to fit on a rack.

if we’re doing general mess bag talk now, I’ll just add that i LOVE my medium Freight Deluxe. I can fit my entire life in that fucker and it’s awesome.

Whoa - I totally forgot that I sent Blicks a message about this awhile ago. I need to check my PM’s more often.

I really feel like I saw a small front rack bag at REI, but IIRC it was still in the 50-60 range.

I would still want french-looking.

but more like the troglodytes in Delicatessen. Like, if they rode bikes underwater. which they probably do; they just didn’t show it in the movie.

I didn’t mean to derail thread. Just saying, I think you could have no problem charging $150 for that style bag, as opposed to an underseat bag which typically sells for $20.