Miche Pedals?

What are those? I really want some. I know they’re old.

I hope you got slotted cleats…

They are ugly as sin and terribly uncomfortable looking, is what they are.

I’ve been curious about their modern road pedals but they kinda just look like old Looks. And probably perform similarly.

Yeah not to hijack the thread but I have an unused set of these pedals sitting around. When I get my road bike I want to go to real road clipless but I don’t know if these are any good. Should I use em or just go with something else? OP I have never seen those pedals before. Where’d you find that picture?

Nah use 'em. I’m sure they’re fine. I’m just referring to switching from Looks to these. I would be more concerned with getting good shoes.

they installed their straps upside down

:bear:

Nope.

That’s the best way to do it if you actually use your straps.

take another look, that’s not normal.

is that a piece of aluminum framing?

yea im pretty sure thats backwards

also, i ride old slotted-type pedals in just vans, i like it more than mks sylvans.

Nope.

That’s the best way to do it if you actually use your straps.[/quote]

Unless you actually use them on the track, then you would double them back… and they are on upside down…

Go ahead and try your straps like that. Takes two fingers to tighten and one to loosen.

It works way better, and there are tons of pics of riders from the '00 to the '80s rocking their straps just like that.

[quote=“zombie”]Go ahead and try your straps like that. Takes two fingers to tighten and one to loosen.

It works way better, and there are tons of pics of riders from the '00 to the '80s rocking their straps just like that.[/quote]

I’ll agree with this and say that you’re arguing different subjects.

Running them this way is a hell of a lot easier for the tighten/loosen aspect of it. I also felt that they held better when I actually ran clips/straps. However, if you haven’t done it or seen it done before, it certainly looks backwards. It’s one of those “in the know” type things.

Those pedals are hideous and I’m sure they’d be super uncomfortable, BTW.

Ahem -

You’re with Zombie and…

No this is:

The way he has it is up-side-down. The way I have it, you pull the straps up to tighten, and you push the buckle away to loosen. The orientation of the serrated edge is key here. When you tighten, you’re pulling with the “grain” of the edge, if you follow. When you push the buckle away, it opens the buckle up just enough to let it slide out with the greatest of ease.

Honestly though, it might work up-side-down as well. I haven’t tried it that way. I just know that my way works very, very well.

^ you don’t know shit.

I know my way works very, very well.

Seriously, I can strap it down tightly with zero problems without looking, and I can loosen them with a quick, mindless swipe. What am I missing here?