Miguel's fat-tired fopmobile

I’m looking for the post, I think it’s in the dq thread mess
Me:“tell me about 28h 650b rims”
Tarck (pretty sure it was you): "why the f forget it you don’t need that you need this wtb makes the whatever’s the only 28h is the garbage hed garbage blah de blah

You last week: “tell me about 28h 650b rims”
Crickets

If not you then sorry
Someone will atone some day

Sorry mig, but that definitely was not me. I recommend cheap Chinese carbon to people all the time. WTB does make a slick tubeless ready carbon rim, and I may have suggested it, if you were considering 32 as an option. As for me, I am trying to source some rims for a friend who got a free SP hub with 28 holes, and I am building them up for him.

Anyway, the Open is designed around a 0° setback post specifically so one can run a dropper without compromising their position.

I think there’s a couple DT 28h 27.5 rims but they’re heavy iirc.

Yeah, I wanted to go with sub-$250 carbon rims, but I’ll probably just end up ordering him some Velocitys.

Nexties are only $170 ea and there are coupons online tho

Oh sick. Thanks.

Also, just get the fucking Open.

that’s really just for weight savings, and just using a 72.5° STA isn’t very much design

there’s no routing at all and I’ve never seen one built with a 100mm 27.2 dropper, but at least it uses a round post unlike the others in its category

KS dropzone has a 20mm offset

I’ve got an Open ONE+ demo coming next week. Sadly it will be derperless.

I will look this up

Should I do the zipp shallow bars or the salsa kind of flared bars when I put Kelly takeoffs on the fop racer? This bike is not currently set up for a front load (and wont, frame bag only).

Plz advise

Zipp shallow bars

Kelly takeoffs?
Is it 1995?

Flares != fop

I’m actually looking at a lightly flared set of Ritcheys for my fopchariot, the NeoMax or EvoMax: nice short/shallow classic bend, but with a few degrees of flare in the drops

Might be up your alley

I have the EvoMax on my H/G, so far they’re pretty nice!

Who makes the 27.5+ mtb* rigid fork?

Surly does but it may or may not be turdly.

It does have all the braze-ons though. It’s the ECR fork.

I’ll probably only end up using the salsa fork I have but I was unsure if there was another. Mayb waltworks has somethinf

What’s your AtC? The Fargo fork works for 27.5+.