Miguel's fat-tired fopmobile

Bruh
Cmon[/quote]
That’s what I’m saying. Just buy something with a hard tail and 29er wheels and ride it.

Take a huge dump before riding up hill. Or ride up hills more.

@mig

18lb mtb with a squishy fork is laughable. it’d take weight weenie everything.

my carbon full squish weighs 30lbs.

Ok, I want to ride up a hill nice[/quote]

Riding up a hill is bullshit

Ok, I want to ride up a hill nice[/quote]

Riding up a hill is bullshit[/quote]

Ahhhhhh, may I interest you in this new fangled thing called an e-mtb, or moped? All the shred, less of the sweat.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]Jfc serious?
What’s a “normal-lite” mtb weigh?
Wheels are ck to wtb ?? Lightish rims. I’ve got an xt 1x11, whatever SS crank, cockpit, and small bits.
I’m short frame/fork/dropper/brakes/tires
I’d like to know which chinacarbon frame Braden was talking about. I’ve been lurking chinertown.com and they seem to like 3 HT frames of various weights (256/57/41)[/quote]
Hubs are boost?

29/27.5+ gets confusing when you start talking real world tire sizes and boost/non-boost frames, modern width rims. If you really want to get into below average weights, you have to get into carbon rims and probably bars. Dropper might be out if weenie-ism is the goal. You have to do shit like use foam grips and skimp on sealant.

There’s nothing wrong with using the nice wheelset you have. Is it 29 or 27.5? What’s the hub spacing? What’s the rim width?

XC races can be won on 27.5 or 29, it’s not hugely important. But you shouldn’t throw a 2.8 tire on an i19 or something, even though the rim weighs less than wider options. Just build the right bike for what you have, and choose the lighter of the available options in your budget.

Not boost.

I23 or 25? wth koms
Ck classics, so they could be TA whatevers

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]Not boost.

I23 or 25? wth koms
Ck classics, so they could be TA whatevers[/quote]

Classics? Aren’t those rim brake only? Do you mean ISO? If so, not boost friendly.

Biggest thing to look at for climbing is tire design and weight. There are 29x2.4 tires that weigh 760 grams and some that weigh 1300 grams.

Hardtail with Stepcast Fox 32, 1xwhatever and carbon cranks will put you at 23-24 lbs and will suck to descend with if you enjoy riding bikes.

Get a carbon cx rig, throw on a Lefty Oliver fork and 1x

it’s a good thing Michael doesn’t want to actually mountain bike

It’s true

just buy this and call it good, mig.

http://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/Bike/ProductDetail?Id=ab8c2671-4077-487a-b29b-9fbb72fe20e6&parentid=undefined

add some artisanal accouterments and call it good. i bet those come in around 20-22lbs.

Amy that cannondale looks like an of-the-moment mtb: 70/73, 430mm cs, ~6cm bb drop but only 100mm fork.

Is that about right?

dude no

70° HTA and reach in the low 40s is an of-the-moment road bike

[quote=JUGE FREDD]dude no

70° HTA and reach in the low 40s is an of-the-moment road bike[/quote]

Seemed like more of a road bike is what mig is wanting.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]Amy that cannondale looks like an of-the-moment mtb: 70/73, 430mm cs, ~6cm bb drop but only 100mm fork.

Is that about right?[/quote]

I have no idea what is an in the moment xc bike. That’s a light twitchy race bike that probably climbs like a road bike.

I prefer in the in the moment trail geometry of 66 deg HT and longer reach.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]Amy that cannondale looks like an of-the-moment mtb: 70/73, 430mm cs, ~6cm bb drop but only 100mm fork.

Isn’t this what I wrote?
70ht/73st?

I think you are the only one who knows what you mean by ‘of-the-moment mtb.’

I would think that means the trend toward long reach, steep STA and slack HTA. This seems like a pretty traditional xc racer, which also is close to your demands.

ie: no fun, another disc road bike?

[quote=NOVELTYNAME][quote=NOVELTYNAME]Amy that cannondale looks like an of-the-moment mtb: 70/73, 430mm cs, ~6cm bb drop but only 100mm fork.

Isn’t this what I wrote?
70ht/73st?[/quote]
fred wrote "of the moment road bike

[quote=liquify]I think you are the only one who knows what you mean by ‘of-the-moment mtb.’

I would think that means the trend toward long reach, steep STA and slack HTA. This seems like a pretty traditional xc racer, which also is close to your demands.[/quote]

1. Geometry trends change a lot

2. I think you’re right. I’m really close to getting this chinacarbon frame but I’m dithering