mtb pedal systems

my crank bros smartys were okay until the pedal body started coming off the spindle. i upgraded to candy sl’s which seem nicer so far. i think i’m going to try and get the smartys replaced under warranty

[/quote]

Was planning on buying these, but the quattro road cleats have a peice between the pedal and shoe sole. They are a little more bulky than the old road cleats with pontoons on each side, but seem much more durable.
Haven’t noticed any wear into the soles of my mountain shoes.

You have Mavic shoes, right? How do you like them?[/quote]
They work pretty well, they’re my first pair of clipless shoes and they’re comfy
nice buckles too

kevin you might wanna try some different cleats. sounds ike you have the multi release ones instead of the single release ones

You have Mavic shoes, right? How do you like them?[/quote]

I recently got a pair of Mavic Avenir road shoes and they’re great. Very comfortable, not too expensive. They use kind of an odd T-shaped plate for attaching cleats, and I managed to strip the left one out on my first ride (bolts not tight enough, my fault). Fortunately, found a replacement Shimano plate at LBS which fits in shoe nicely and works just as well.

probably, i think sh-51. rode my girlfriend’s shoes, with i think sh-71 or something, felt better

but i’m onto bebop now and loving it.