my purple taf commuter. It's acutally happening.

it’s going to be 9 or 10 speed now. probably 23 or 25 cassette. i want to go with sram. wheels are going to be deore and a nice set of rims.

with all that said, i came up with a name for the project: purple money eater.

this thread. no pictures. sucks.

when the parts come in, i’ll get a pic with all the parts.

You’re trying tarck’s patience, Mr. Pink…

tarckbike can syb’s.

my boss at the shop brought some sense into the situation, and with the money i’d spend to get it geared, i could get a new bike. i could get a masi speciale cx for $5/600. i’m going to think about it for a few days and decide.

one positive is that i’ve always wantedd to try cyclocross. that bike is designed for it. If i end up not liking cx, the bike has mounts for everyting i’d ever need to mount on it. and it’d look right with a brooks.

didn’t bother reading, pics or it didn’t happen

ITT Mr. Pink fails.

didn’t bother reading, pics or it didn’t happen

the thread so nice i posted twice

Tha’s a lotta post, jackass.

gotta impress the tarck bitches with a lot of saddle to bar drop.

I’d like to take this opportunity to reiterate that bitches love tarck.

[quote=Mr. Pink]hey wolf. does the tensioner move from side to side for 2 different cogs?

sorta like this
[/quote]
its that

but pinkish red

im a slacker and forgot about this, you still want them? lemme know

[quote=Mr. Pink]it’s going to be 9 or 10 speed now. probably 23 or 25 cassette. i want to go with sram. wheels are going to be deore and a nice set of rims.

with all that said, i came up with a name for the project: purple money eater.[/quote]
nvm

i don’t think it needs to be said, but i didn’t think this through too much. my boss at the shop put it in perspective. main problem with the masi is paying for it. :colbert:

I enjoyed the double-entendre

Mr. Pink, are you on drugs? How did building up an old beater Univega mountain bike turn into a project where it makes more sense to pay 5 or 6 hundred dollars for a new one? 10 SPEED CASSETTE? What in hell were you going to buy to shift that ON A 90S PURPLE UNIVEGA? $150 on 10spd bar-end shifters and Paul thumbies?

Dude, you lost perspective. You’re Kurtz in the fucking jungle, man.

the frame is an 18" so there would be a ton of seat post and a super tall stem. getting the cross, it’d be the right size so i’d enjoy it more. i guess it would cost more but you get what you pay for.