NEED ADVICES

SHOULD I?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/bik/1661121659.html

Already talked to the guy. Just need someone’s confirmation to make sure I’m not missing anything. I know this belongs in the marketplace thread, but I figured it’d get viewed sooner here. :smiley: D:D:D:

yes
you could flip it right away on ebay

well, those aren’t actually 6700 shifters, but definitely do it anyway. I’d part out the Ultegra stuff and replace with lesser stuff and then sell, if it was me.

there are at least two other threads where this could be posted.

the pdg paramounts were made in japan, and are not nearly the calibre or pedigree of a waterford paramount.
that said, they are great bikes, and that one looks to be in great shape and a good deal.

$300? Hell yes.

Yes.

Yeah, sorry, I know it’s the wrong place, hence the pre-emptive apology.

Thanks for the input, ya’ll. I’ll letcha know how it works out.

So do you have it yet or what?

We had a miscommunication of e-mail address, but I just talked to the guy again. He’s sending me more pics right meow.

My only concern is that it’s slightly too big for my 5’9" frame :expressionless:

But I guess that if it is too large, I could slap the parts on a different frame. Or sell it to a tarcker for what I paid.

slightly too big > slightly too small

I bet you could make it fit with a zero setback post and slightly shorter stem. The only drawback is it won’t be as responsive as a smaller frame.

[quote=SuperVillain]slightly too big > slightly too small

[/quote]
truf.

i went with a 58 with a 90 stem over a 56 with a 110. feels good to me.

56 with a 110 sounds about perfect.

There are so many fine bicycles on seattle craigslist right now.

it did, but i have long legs and i had a tad too much seatpost sticking out on the 56. but my commuter has some janky geo.

What the hell is janky geo?

?

i know i ride a 56, but the 56 just felt too small. and like i said in another thread, with a sloping top tube, too much seat post would have been sticking out.

[quote=SuperVillain]slightly too big > slightly too small

I bet you could make it fit with a zero setback post and slightly shorter stem. The only drawback is it won’t be as responsive as a smaller frame.[/quote]

I disagree. Responsive is good. Within reason I would much prefer too small to too big.

If I were the OP’s height there’s no way in hell I’d be buying that bike.