New Group Buy Idea: Clothing (Knickers, specifically)

First of all, please only answer this poll is you’re 100% serious and can pay up when the time comes.

I spied these today, and they piqued my interest, but not enough to pay the full $50 retail. The quality appears high, and it looks like we could get them for $32.50 each, plus the cost of shipping, if we can get enough people involved. The biggest problem I see is distribution, since I doubt that Portland Cyclewear wants to send out “knicks” to a few dozen different addresses. Or maybe not - maybe enough people will be interested and we can work something out. Haven’t other people arranged group buys through this company?

Anyway, winter is coming, and I’d like something like this to keep the chill off my legs, and to keep my from looking like a total tool when I ride everywhere all winter long (better than showing up in tights, and more comfortable than riding in jeans). I’d love to see us pool our resources and make something happen, like you guys did with the Alien frames. The sooner we can get these pants, the better.

Completely. I wish I had a pair of these for the tour on saturday, but I will be going with the lycra/dickies combo. I’m wondering what shipping looks like on these.

I’m in.

edit; as long as they’re here before like…december

I’ll give it a solid maybe. I’d give it a yes if they actually had a photo with someone wearing them, so I can see what the cut looks like on a human being.

Yes possibly 2 pair if I can get a legit ship date before I throw down the cash.

There was a group buy on FGG for the Wool Jerseys a few years back and it took forever to get them.
Like months and months.

I am in, is the only color black?

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/reviews ... /knickers/

here’s the review on the old model, bonemoney’s link has some highlights on what has been upgraded. I was wondering about the length and it was indeed an issue in the previous pair, so I’m stoked that they got the length better.

I was thinking about doing this :colbert:

I’m down if they could be here before December.

Edit: probably 2 pairs if this gets rolling.

[quote=“thurston”]There was a group buy on FGG for the Wool Jerseys a few years back and it took forever to get them.
Like months and months.[/quote]

Not encouraging news, but I’m glad to see that lots of other people are interested.

Does anyone in Portland have a personal contact with this guy, by chance?

I can ask… Or we can wait…

I’d say I’m down. I’d like to see them in person though and just might try to do that seeing as he’s in Portland…

I could definitely use some non-cotton pants for the winter that don’t look like complete shit. Last year I ran wool knickers from military surplus sometimes but they were overly heavy (not very conducive to free movement) and went a little too high up on the leg for winter weather. Kept me toasty warm even when the mercury dipped below 30, though.

[quote=“bonechilling”][quote=“thurston”]There was a group buy on FGG for the Wool Jerseys a few years back and it took forever to get them.
Like months and months.[/quote]

Not encouraging news, but I’m glad to see that lots of other people are interested.

Does anyone in Portland have a personal contact with this guy, by chance?[/quote]

it was a while ago. We ordered on 1/23/2007 and I got mine on 5/5/2007.
I’m still way in. I just would like to have my expectations set adequately.

i’m down.

For sure. I’m in for 2 pairs.

Website says they’ll arrive October.

These look great. Count me in.

I’m in, have been thinking about a pair of pants like this for awhile now but like other folks have said not if we have to wait forever.

im down for a pair, i get tired of only wearing my one pair, then switching to jeans… I’d be happy to assist as I am also living in pdx

I would be interested in a pair or two of these. I have one of the older style, and they have held up pretty well to different riding situations. The chamois is pretty useless, though. Definitely much better with some lycra underneath.

Is it possible to get the special pricing when ordering different sizes? I vaguely remember a very similar group buy idea on bf that failed to materialize for some reason.