New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

Where?

https://supacaz.com/product/fly-cage-ano-oil-slick/

High end - yet durable!

yeah i’m super into that for $25 but not for $45. sad.

Also Supacaz is that douchebro brand that used some naked girls/“booth babes shit” to sell bar tape on insta or some expo if I don’t remember wrong…?

a google search for “supacaz sexism” returns some links to blogs, but the links to some unfavorable youtube videos and pictures have been wiped from their pages.

I did find what appears to be one of the bartape adverts in question though reuploaded to youtube

ya pretty abysmal

oh my god

If I’m not mistaken, Supacaz was started by Mike Sinyard’s son.

1 Like

that sucks.

Dammit that really sucks because I really like their stuff.

Yeah, have some on the pink endpoint, coz nice colors.
Then I learned more about them and became way less stoked on it. So, probably won’t really going down that path again.

dude what the fuck. I know what I’m about to say is pretty obvious but it’s worth it to just stop and realize that this went through multiple levels of people and everyone signed off on it. Nobody stood up and said, “hey yall, I think this is gross”. Unbelievable.

Fuck giving money to a place like that.

why do companies still do that shit

Someone should do research if sex actually does sell or if it was all an attribution error

3 Likes

Um squirt lube anyone?

wow. supachaz video actually worse than i was expecting. and i was expecting bad.

Because they aren’t concerned with growing the market, just quickly capitalizing on the existing dudebro market and maybe get their product onto women’s bikes via their husband’s fantasies as a bonus.

(Also capitalizing on the ability to “direct” women to do whatever they say.)

Then if all goes well, they’ll make a fake apology, pretend they’ve grown, tone it down, and introduce a pastel, women-specific tape.

Then we’ll all give them a pass because “it’s good tape.”

1 Like

This is probably much more of a driving cause than any of them would admit. They’ve got a company and they’re in charge of the ads, so why not make women to fucked up things in videos?

Looking for a new commute helmet for my eBike and stumbled upon the new Giro Bexley.

I wanna know how that lens shield retracts!?

I also found a video showing how the backside lights up. I have seen this feature with a couple helmets like the Torch T2 but I am amazed how the backside of the Bexley doesn’t look like a diffuser at all when it is off, wow!

Fast forward to 2:40 for the light activation:

1 Like

That’s pretty neat

I’m betting it doesn’t retract at all - I bet it pops on/off.