New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

Cassette

1 Like

Ultegra Ci4 unboxing - thanks Google AI!

Excited to see if the new cold-forged X-Ship HAGANE gearing and 2-speed slow oscillation really has an affect on winding performance.

2 Likes

12-speed Di2 105 officially announced:

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/shimano-105-di2-r7150/

no real surprises if you’ve been following the rumors. hydraulic disc only, no rim brake option.

no mechanical shifting version (yet) - rumors were that was pushed to early 2023.

1 Like

when do we get hydraulically actuated cable brakes?

2 Likes

Is it exceedingly unrealistic that someone could develop hydraulic rim brake calipers that would be compatible with hydro shakes?

Sram did this

4 Likes

$1900? Isn’t that like, a lot more than Rival AXS?

1 Like

i definitely made a face at that. wasn’t an 11-speed 105 wet-disc groupset only $1000 or so? I know this has an extra cog thrown in, and it’s Di2, but… dang.

Let me see the mech 12 105

Let me see the DA 9100 tech in a 105 package

1 Like

And no powermeter option to boot

Shimano bad now

I’m all about RotoR’s colossally maligned hydraulic groupset from here on out

3 Likes

I got one of the new Spur bells. It rules just as much as the original imo.

9 Likes

Magura has made them before a few times

Their RT6 and RT8 time trial calipers from ten years ago are pretty likely to be forward-compatible with Shimano disc levers

The HS77 calipers from the 90s will probably work ok, but might need to be run with the pads relatively close NOS MAGURA HS77 BRAKESET BRAKES CALIPERS LEVERS PURPLE OLD VINTAGE HYDRAULIC 90s | eBay

The traditional HS33 cantilever trials brakes are unlikely to work, the matching levers push waaay more fluid so you’d end up with a worse version of the “full size v brakes with road levers” leverage ratio mismatch

Those purple ones are hilarious, how do they mount?

Yeah Red 22 was available like this for a short period of time. They sucked, but I kinda regret not hoarding a set. At the time all the sram neutral support bikes had them and would get dumped at the swap meet end of season for short money. And like bins of replacement sets that nobody wanted.

1 Like

13 Likes

I heard a guy here say his was cheaper than the sram alternative?

12 Likes

I try to stay reasonable about grams but someone put one in my hand…

I remember being able to get a 5800 gruppo from euroland from like $500. Those were the days.

12 Likes