New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

i would guess with the huge increase in mtbers in the last 2 years, so far there are enough slices. i am not seeing very many new riders get into clipless out here. most everyone is using flats. but things feel like they’re plateauing this year so the slices may be way down next year.

Chesters at least seem to last as well, so if the comparable pedals do the same, people arent rebuying very often. Every pair of thin/low profile alloy flat pedals I get lasts about a season before it needs to be rebuilt due to the stupid tiny bearings, but I am unwilling to commit to more stack height and more rock strikes.

1 Like

Oh for sure… we’re still selling flats more than ever. But we went from stocking Chesters almost exclusively to none at all. It’s almost all Deity Deftraps these days. We’re just one shop, but between fickle shop rats and rockbros I bet that pie is getting sliced mighty thin.

4 Likes

What kind of semi-fop flat pedals should I put on the bike I’m going to give to my brother that will never be maintained

Chesters if they’re on sale? Or

chester’s have metal pins. not sure about the bearings from one to the next but plastic pins do not grip well at all

Wooftoot just made post mount to flat mount adapters

Interesting that they increase the rotor size…that must have been the key to making things fit. Might also rub on some road frames/forks.

2 Likes

Might void some warranties too. But if your frame is post mount, there’s a good chance it is nearing the end of its warranty period.

Just easier to use the right calipers shartmo.

1 Like

Post mount dropouts on bespoke steel frames look better than flat mount

Not with 180 rotors and that kludge.

2 Likes

I’m not a mechanical engineer, but isn’t there some kind of like …“bad leverage thing”… that starts to happen when you keep moving the caliper further and further out on longer and narrower little sticks?

1 Like

PNW has 20% off rn. I just picked up the purple ano joints.

2 Likes

I appreciate the recommendation but I cannot abide by folks that have appropriated my homeland to sell things

1 Like

Nope.

lol.

Yeah. Eventually you get rim brakes. Gross.

6 Likes

mf these are CALIFORNIANS

2 Likes

So are most people in the PNW within 2 generations.

5 Likes

? they got a 206 area code and it says one of the founders is from Seattle on their website.

1 Like

related, i just learned last week that NS (north shore) bikes is polish and not from BC at all.

1 Like