New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

seems like some sort of square oval hybrid… maybe a semi-squoval?

1 Like

New fork for the untapered masses. 398/49, thru axle, dynamo routing, light/rack mount, zits, $500.

4 Likes

So it’s 9/8” which is unique
Right?
Spork 3.0 is tapered
The Columbus adventure fork is tapered
Whisky forks are tapered

Ritchey fork is 9/8”

Yes, though somewhat confusingly Ritchey’s “Gravel Cross Fork” is now 383 ATC while their “Gravel Adventure Fork” is 393, which match perfectly none of their other forks.

1 Like

I have the wilde fork on my PH, it’s really nice.

1 Like

I was kind of interested to see what they came up with…until I saw it’s manufactured by Velocity. wompwomp.wav

but it looks like Velocity Cliffhangers

which are a pretty damn good design, just not cheap or light

3 Likes

and here I was contemplating emailing velocity to see if they’d do a hard ano grey cliffhanger! Looks like that’s what’s on the menu

new Hayes brakes have a really nice looking adjustment feature:

5 Likes

higher end hayes mechanical discs had those too. i havent fiddled with it much but it seems like a great idea in theory

Pretty sure those have been on Dominions for a while. Also haven’t used it, but seems novel enough.

The nice thing about velocity is that they will do just about anything that you ask them to

1 Like

I think that feature is pretty nifty, but moreso for flatmount brakes where not much room to work with inside the frame.

Including better alloy?

Tarck gospel according to @JUGE_FREDD is that their rims are pot-metal. Is that still true? I suppose it matters less in the era of disc brakes than it used to.

they were great before they moved to US production. some accounts here say some of their recent rims are solid though. ive been burned enough though…

Yeah, I’ve noticed that recently as well.

They used to be really soft, but I think they’ve improved. A colleague who’s built a LOT of wheels just used them to get a custom drilling and he said they built up much better than what they’d seen in the past. Other various reports say they’re trending a little better.

1 Like

BITD I had some that were terribly soft. I’m talking 22 years ago ish.

I’ve only had one velocity rim and it never let me down though it might have predated the move.

They have definitely improved in quality. At least some have. I think some of the older models seem to be unchanged, but the examples of Aileron, Quill, and cliffhanger I have had pas through my jig have been very decent.

1 Like