New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

I guess its better than Ibis openly transphobic bike names. They are one brand that I will never buy out of spite alone.

2 Likes

serious q: these are transphobic? oso is bear, ripley is the hero of the alien movies, hakka is the lil suction thing for breastfeeding

The bike was released in 2014.

oh, yeahhhh that’s pretty blatant. definitely wasn’t aware of that

little late to the party if your going to try to clean up Ibis’s act

1 Like

Low bar to not use slurs when naming a product.

5 Likes

Not defending it

1 Like

Is there anything ethical I can buy

2 Likes

The Ibis Tranny 29, as its name suggests, is much more than meets the eye. What the bike appears to be at first glance is actually covering up something far more complex and versatile. And with this use of the word ‘Tranny,’ that’s a good thing.

yikes

prevailing public opinion has changed a lot in 10 years eh

is there something about blue hands I’m out of the loop on?

not blue hand specifically

that accoutrement was known as the “hand job”

1 Like

Not according to my Avatar 4-fingered handjob fan fic.

6 Likes

What’s wrong with a hand job? Though a wink and a nod “handy” would have been plausibly deniable.

1 Like

Is it true that “Pompino” is Italian for handjob? That’s what I was told and it always made me uncomfortable with my old cross bike.

And that was one the HAKKALÜGI. Who would have thought Diamondback was the one with the Haanjo?

2 Likes

Quick Google translate suggests fellatio.

It’s because the bike sucks.

1 Like

Especially the tire clearance.

For me, with the added context that Ibis had a bike with a slur-for-a-name for years, any sexually charged language on their part makes me suspicious of their motivations.

That and when I visited the nice employee who I met was a bit too excited to tell me that on their carbon bikes ya can flip the hand around, and “if you do that you got a reach-around.” :roll_eyes:

Bad first and second impressions. I do respect their lovely water color illustrated setup guides.

1 Like

ehh… all MTB brands are like one step away from being tasteless moto bros.
Maxxis I think still puts out a bikini girl calendar.

2 Likes