New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

Is that where you print some bike parts that break when used?

5 Likes

WELL ACTUALLY…
I have no idea what it means. I’m going to try to work it into conversation though.

2 Likes

The kid’s kook factor seems to be getting reinforced by winning a lot in his local DH / Enduro race series

but looks like that’s in the Sport class, and at a location that has a total 300ft of vertical Fontana Downhill Mountain Biking Trail - Fontana, CA

1 Like

Still, more real world testing than PVD :joy:

2 Likes

good thing ol pete’s results are on his resume on his website.

that said, the kid’s results, as fred said, are sport class - one step above beginner - and usually out of 3 or 4 racers total. i dont like to rag on peoples results because a win is a win and i am all about competition, but it isn’t really a testament to his stem design when the times are still far behind the expert and pro class times. the stem design is weird as hell and maybe it works for some, but i dont think it would work for most.

3 Likes

Remember when you were like a national champ or something

We celebrated

you can rag on PVD for a lot of things but “doesn’t ride the fucking snot out of his stuff” ain’t one of them

You can tag on PVD for everything but riding regularly.

That’s fine, I’ll just side-eye him for his toxic communication style.

1 Like

yeah and no one is going to use that victory to sell 2004 zipp disc wheels. i should have put that in the ebay listing when i sold it though.

5 Likes

PLP Russ’s new contribution to dithering: Ratcheting bar-ends

3 Likes

My only complaint is that it’d be more aero if the lever worked in reverse such that it was extended straight back in the highest gear.

Not gonna give PLP a click/view, but are they the Dia Compe shifters? Very groundbreaking.

1 Like

it’s the Dia Compe oversize-barrel right shifter that you can already buy in downtube form from VO or on a thumbie mount from Crust. The new thing is the bar end mount that accommodates it.

3 Likes

NGL I really like ratcheting friction shifters, but lol called it

1 Like

i was really amused in his discord when people kept enthusiastically asking “are you going to make a thumbie?” and he would respond “it already exists” and then not link to it.

(EDIT: although he does mention the thumbie version available from crust at the end of his youtube video. but who actually watches his videos???)

apparently his partner has been using the thumbie version for a long time and loves it, but Russ is more of a bar end guy. It may not be a groundbreaking product but i’m not gonna begrudge a person for putting in the work to give us more options to dither with

5 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was strange that every third comment on the numerous IG posts were “when does the thumbie version come out?” and he hadn’t responded.

Some of the nerds want the thumbie that can mount under the bar, but that orientation didn’t exist

2 Likes

Or just use a low normal dangler or whatever they’re actually called. I forget now.

1 Like

rapid rise