New Tarck Bike Questions.

So I have been riding a conversion for a year now and I’m ready to move on to bigger and better things, a real track frame.
I know this is a question you would find on bikeforums but I searched there any never saw anything on this and thought I’d post here instead.
I was looking at getting either a Pake, KHS Flite 100, or BikeIsland Kilo. They are all around the same price range yet I am having trouble distinguising what may be better in the long run. I’m looking to run a threadless headset if that narrows it down any. Only thing I have been able to find is that the Pake is straight tubing where as the Flite and Kilo are not.
Any help is appriciated.

Flite and kilo are nicer tubing, but that won’t make a difference for barspins. You can run threadless on any of them with the right fork. the Flite and Kilo might be marginally lighter. Flite (and maybe kilo) has rack mounts.

edit: essentially, the pake is a lesser frame for the same price.

Your conversion frame might actually be nicer than any of those depending on what it is.

(Jussayin’ watch out for the horizontal drop out hypebeast)

I believe the KHS and the Kilo are almost the same (maybe just rebranded?)… honestly i’d just get the kilo and be done with it, its cheap and will do you fine.

[quote=Tifore]I know this is a question you would find on bikeforums but I searched there any never saw anything on this and thought I’d post here instead.
[/quote]
Male genetalia, consume them.
also, look again.
Maybe we should start directing people to the velospace forums instead.

^you just got here, so shut the fuck up.

the flite, i believe has a tange fork, if i remember correctly. not that it really matters, but maybe you’re into that kind of thing.

kilo definitely has rear rack mounts, same geometry as flite.

are you getting a new bike or just the frameset? you’ll probably get better components with the flite 100.

so on, so forth.

you have 206 posts power and you joined 1 month and 4 days ago. you still have plenty of dicks to eat.

get a kilo tt pro and you’ll even get a brake and shit

kilo tt and flite are the same frame, just one is rebranded. i have a kilo tt. its a great deal for the money. $200 shipped really cant be beat for the quality. And it does have brake mounts and fender mounts… So it will work for an all purpose bike. The clearance isnt ideal in the back for full fenders but i think there are some that fit.

The pake is noticeably heavier… the choice between the two is pretty clear cut I think…

Thanks for the replies people.
Great information, it really helps, looks like I may be getting the Kilo or the Flite 100. I’m thinking the unbranded Kilo from BikeIsland or just the Flite 100 from my LBS (Just frame and fork). I’m going to be building it up part by part.
Drilled for brakes really doesnt make a difference cause I don’t use one.
Sounds like the Pake is definitely less superior and at my LBS is actually more expensive then a Flite 100 Frame and Fork.
Thanks again.

So, this pretty much seals the deal. You are a jackass. Dig: If you really knew what the fuck you were doing, it’d be ok if you were riding brakeless. However, by asking the stupid goddamn brian forums question, you pretty much proved that you don’t know a goddamn thing and that you are also a fucking jackass that’s going to be running into shit because you don’t have a fucking brake. Seriously, go back to brian forums. Nobody gives a fuck about your fucking kilo or your conversion or whatever.

Edit: Are you from Portland?

So, this pretty much seals the deal. You are a jackass. Dig: If you really knew what the fuck you were doing, it’d be ok if you were riding brakeless. However, by asking the stupid goddamn brian forums question, you pretty much proved that you don’t know a goddamn thing and that you are also a fucking jackass that’s going to be running into shit because you don’t have a fucking brake…

[/quote]

pretty much. Riding brakeless well is a lot like being cool. If you feel the need to talk about it, you probably aren’t as good at it as you think you are.

I didnt mean anything bad by that comment about the brakes, I used to run one but I took it off of my conversion when I felt safe enough to ride fixed without it. Where I live now is also flat compared to where I was learning to ride fixed gear when the conversion was brand new to me, San Diego.

What halbritt said. And what Brvn said.

I wouldn’t really consider the kilo or flite “bigger and better things” unless what you’re riding now is a TOTAL PILE, which it may be. I dunno.

I have a kilo tt and if I were to do it again I’d buy a steamroller complete.

just saying.

Hey new guy, wanna buy my steamroller frame/fork?
It’s a 56.

This didn’t strike anybody else as a troll?!

“I searched bikeforums for info on a Kilo but couldn’t find anything”… wtf? You’re a troll or you’re mentally handicapped. Either way I have no problem telling you to eat the dicks until you puke 'em all up into OT.

So, this pretty much seals the deal. You are a jackass. Dig: If you really knew what the fuck you were doing, it’d be ok if you were riding brakeless. However, by asking the stupid goddamn brian forums question, you pretty much proved that you don’t know a goddamn thing and that you are also a fucking jackass that’s going to be running into shit because you don’t have a fucking brake. Seriously, go back to brian forums. Nobody gives a fuck about your fucking kilo or your conversion or whatever.

Edit: Are you from Portland?[/quote]
huh

what does brand knowledge and the ability to ride brakeless have to do with one another?

[quote=Elderberry]What halbritt said. And what Brvn said.

I wouldn’t really consider the kilo or flite “bigger and better things” unless what you’re riding now is a TOTAL PILE, which it may be. I dunno.[/quote]

As much as I want to agree with this, I can’t. There is definately a difference in the feel of a track oriented bike vs. a converted road bike. If we were talking about spending $1000 on a complete, I might advise against it. But we’re talking about $200 for a new frame that, besides having things like steeper angles and a higher BB, also doesn’t come with all the problems and worries that older frames have (I am so finished with buying old frames*. too much hassle). Honestly, I’d prefer to commute on a cheap track bike over a nice converted road frame almost any day. But that’s just me.

*This is a bold-faced lie.

welcome tifore. thank you for not being conversionstar. get a Kilo TT.