New to Tarck? Post your bike here.

[quote=Orc]A properly baby-sized bag would be too wide to fit between the handlebars. You’d want to use a front-mounted baby seat for the proper deathrace 2000/mad max style.

(And it’s not as if it would be terribly useful; I sewed up the existing bag to be big enough to fit a dozen bagels and a couple of things of cream cheese – the next step up would be one that can fit a dozen donuts, and that would have to be really low to squeeze under the drops.)[/quote]

is that your bagel delivery whip?

Anyone who can’t walk in road shoes is a dork. Obviously its not ideal and you don’t want to bust up your cleats, but its no big deal.

You callin me a dork, bozo?

i like it.

cept bars/angle

My bieks.

Why the fuck on the blue cable housing?

yeah lame cable housing. i’m cool with it everywhere else though.
maybe a white seatpost? idk but that is being super bitch.

Why the fuck on the blue cable housing?[/quote]

Because I am gangster…

and the bike was just refinished, it use to have some blue on it. It is getting a Green Aliante and Matching tape as soon as it arrives. I will most likely change the housing then.

man that zion looks rad as hell.

all pretty nice. just curious, but why don’t you get rid of the second Novara?

[quote=jimmythefly]

My bieks.[/quote]

I didn’t realize you were the owner of this. I’ve actually met you before.

That first Novara is awesome.

Sorry for the terrible pictures.

From today. '83 ish Raleigh Royal. Some modern, er more modern, components.

the 29er. Waiting on drops and brifters. Already have roadie calipers for it.

Was thinking the same thing, I didn’t even know you had it.

Seems like it overlaps with the geo/design of the Novara Randonee and the position/use of the Rawland dSogn. Right in between the two bikes you ride the most.

[quote=tarckeemoon]I didn’t realize you were the owner of this
I’ve actually met you before.[/quote]
Where/when? That pic I inserted was it’s most recent build, but now it is disassembled and frame/fork are for sell. Once I got the Rawland, I didn’t really need another fat-tired disc road machine. The Rawland was all monster-crossy with 700x47 micro knobbies, but is transitioning to fendered fatty street tire dog-trailer hauler and general urban assault bike. The gas tank will stay.

Was thinking the same thing, I didn’t even know you had it.

Seems like it overlaps with the geo/design of the Novara Randonee and the position/use of the Rawland dSogn. Right in between the two bikes you ride the most.[/quote]
Yeah. Novara roadie is 56ST x 56.5TT, Novara cx is 52ST x 55TT. I really like having a cx bike/bash around town/non-thief-magnet kind of bike(note seatpost is shimmed, rims/spokes don’t match, rear has a fiber fix on it for over 2 years, replacement fork, old 8-speed STI, Ritchey/Ultegra crank arms). The $ from selling the Novara cx isn’t worth the time it would take. Also, I really like having a rando-type machine, I basically wanted something akin to the Trek 760, but with fenders and lights and racks and fat tires.

These Novara Frames (I think from 95 or 96 maybe) are awesome. Whoever they copied from, they did a good job. They’ll take 700x46 w/o fenders(previous iteration):

Not the lightest tubing (26.8 seat post), but otherwise reasonable, all 28.6 tube set. The seat stay and chain stay bridges are both set up for direct-bolting on the rear fender, and they’re equidistant from the drop out so no spacers needed. Double fork tip eyelets plus low riders. If these were lugged frames or from some bigger name they’d be sought after.

The pad on the top tube is for carrying, there’s a housing stop brazed right where it kills your shoulder otherwise.

[quote=motorbacon]

the 29er. Waiting on drops and brifters. Already have roadie calipers for it.

[/quote]

What drops/brifters? what are we looking at frame/fork?

[quote=jimmythefly][quote=motorbacon]

What drops/brifters? what are we looking at frame/fork?[/quote][/quote]

It’s a budget build, so it was a motobecane steel frame that came with an rst m29 fork. That fork lasted from June of 2010 through January of 2011, where the bushings failed and there was serious flex when braking. No point in rebuilding an rst fork so I threw on Face’s IRO fork since he’s running a Reba.

And yes, woodchippers and brifters. I’m looking forward to more hand positions and just trying it out to see if it works for me. I may go back to a suspension fork, but the use of woodchippers should be perfect for those norcal climbs and good for the st stuffs. I spend most of my time on 2 wheels anyways.

here’s the original build of the bike.

[quote=jimmythefly][quote=tarckeemoon]I didn’t realize you were the owner of this
I’ve actually met you before.[/quote]
Where/when? That pic I inserted was it’s most recent build, but now it is disassembled and frame/fork are for sell. Once I got the Rawland, I didn’t really need another fat-tired disc road machine. The Rawland was all monster-crossy with 700x47 micro knobbies, but is transitioning to fendered fatty street tire dog-trailer hauler and general urban assault bike. The gas tank will stay.[/quote]

It was at the Missing Link thing on Shilshole, however long ago that was. A year and a half? We talked about that bike for a minute. I had a green ss Cross Check with fenders and a CETMA.

/love connection