NYPD officer attacks biker during critical mass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkiyBVytRQ

Awesome!
More hate!

http://wcbstv.com/local/cop.slams.biker.2.781944.html

NEW YORK (CBS) ― A New York City police officer was stripped of his gun and badge Monday after he was caught on video slamming a cyclist in motion to the ground.

The cyclist was among over a hundred other “Critical Mass” riders passing through Times Square Friday evening, when witnesses say – and as a video posted on YouTube shows – two officers approach him.

What happens next is disturbing. One of the officers intercepts the rider, identified as Christopher Long of Bloomfield, N.J., and apparently deliberately shoves him hard as he rides by, sending the cyclist hard to the pavement.

Craig Radhuber was taking part in the ride, and witnessed the incident.

“And the one spun around, saw a bicyclist and grabbed him off his bicycle. And then the other policeman jumped on top of him and the two were wrestling, wrestling this guy down trying to arrest him,” he told CBS 2.

Radhuber had not yet seen the video until CBS 2 showed it to him.

“Wow!” he said watching it for the first time. “I was so upset when I saw this thing happen.”

Critical Mass sponsors monthly bike rides in New York and other cities to bring attention to bike ridership, ironically, to make city streets safer for cyclists.

Radhuber has participated in numerous such rides through the city and says the animosity on the part of police towards Critical Mass has increased.

“I’ve never seen it like this before. This actually surprised me,” he said. “It makes me not trust the police at all. It makes me very angry.”

Police have placed the officer, identified as Patrick Pogan, on desk duty pending the outcome of a department investigation. Pogan told officials that Long was obstructing traffic and that the biker was actually trying to run him down.

Long, 29, was charged with attempted assault, resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct.

He’ll make an appearance in court on August 5.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

motherfucking cops.

(not so much that he hit the guy, or even that the guy was charged with anything, although that is fucked up too. but that the police lie about shit like this to clear themselves? that’s fucked up)

“As long as we keep video-taping one another, the system will work fine” ~ Marge Simpson

Sad that it has come to this but yeah, I really feel that the only way incidents like this ever end in a fair and impartial ruling is when it is caught on video. Fuck.

dude, i hate the cops more than i hate CM.

if PENGY was in this video, it would be a perfect storm of hate. i would possibly die.

[quote=“jim”]dude, i hate the cops more than i hate CM.

if PENGY was in this video, it would be a perfect storm of hate. i would possibly die.[/quote]

But the whole thing could be turned around if the cop tackled PENGY and the crowd cheered as they hauled him off. especially if the officers statement was “that fucking thing he was on was just so ugly…something came over me”.

Hopefully he would get fired anyway. double justice.

There’s a reason I now keep a compact digital camera in my bag at all times.

Well, there are many reasons, but this is one. I think it’s a good thing that we can now have irrefutable evidence to protect ourselves against injustice so easily.

Im glad they got that fucking pig on camera. Can’t believe he is saying he got runned down. Biker clearly tried to dodge him.

/spit

that was a fucking tackle man, he must have played high school football and never got the college scholarship he wanted. Or better yet, did, and blew out his knee in the state semi final game. So then he decided to continue being a meathead and become a cop, so he could tackle innocent people.

Regardless…what were the cocksucker cops standing the middle of the street for anyway?
Fucking idiots I swear.

The cop definetely did it allll wrong.
I hate BAD cops, but I don’t hate cops.
I’ve even had good run-in’s with cops on my BMX while I’m out grinding handrails.

My favorite run-in with a cop at a skatepark in Desert Springs was great:
“I know you got weed on you, cause I saw you smoking it when I drove up. You carry any meth or anything else?”

“No sir”

“No Meth? You’re not even worth my time. Give me your pipe and leave town.”

“uh…? ok.”

Update:

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/News ... geId=3.2.1

fixed.

“The criminal complaint against him(Long) claims he deliberately steered his bicycle into the officer, causing both of them to fall to the ground.”

HAHAHAHAHA, what BS!

[quote=“Pushrodbrick”]“The criminal complaint against him(Long) claims he deliberately steered his bicycle into the officer, causing both of them to fall to the ground.”

HAHAHAHAHA, what BS![/quote]

I find it more sad, and infuriating than funny.

yea, its sad for both of them, that kid got knocked off his bike for no good reason.
and that cop made a very bad decision and hopefully will pay for it when it ruins the career he spent so long making.
Karma makes it way…

Speaking of karma. Richard Novak just got diagnosed with a brain tumor on sunday after hitting a homeless person with his car last week and attempted to leave the scene. Karma rules

WOOSH

Oh Zelah. You never fail to make me laugh.