Official Paris-Brest-Paris 2011 Thread

Who’s coming with me?

You buyin? So there

<===I’m buying a Bleriot just for this.

So far this expedition is composed of 100% kick-withable dudes.

Any of you guys ever done a Brevet?

I’m seriously considering this. The photos I’ve seen make me wanna be there.

I was going to do a 200 km a couple of weeks after I got back from India but had a bought of malaria a couple of days before, so I didn’t.

[quote=“jacques”]So far this expedition is composed of 100% kick-withable dudes.

Any of you guys ever done a Brevet?[/quote]

Nah, just read Harriet Brown’s stuff. I like the idea of no breaks and just pushing through for a week.

Yeah I’m in.

[quote=“jacques”]So far this expedition is composed of 100% kick-withable dudes.

Any of you guys ever done a Brevet?[/quote]

I have not yet done a brevet, but 'tis an eventual goal of mine.

This would be so very awesome. And there’d still be quite a bit of time to train…

[quote=“doofo”]so how do you get the prerequisite rides verified
?[/quote]
Pretty sure it’s the same. Have to make check-ins by deadlines.

I’ve always wanted to do Boston, Montreal, Boston. I quick check online shows its not scheduled for 2009…

The prerequisite rides need to be Audax-club-parisien sanctionned events. You pay a small fee and get a map, a direction card and a manifest which has to be signed at certain checkpoints, usually about every 50k. At the end, your manifest is signed by the local official and sent to Paris. Try and get in touch with your local club.

count me out, i hate rides longer than ~115 miles. :colbert:

Uhh… isn’t the PBP incredibly hard and aren’t the qualifying events incredibly hard, like completing a 375mi brevet. I think it can be done, but it takes a lot of hard work to get there.

Really? I had no idea that completing a 1200 km ride in under 90 hours would be difficult!

Having done absolutely no research, I am down.

My buddy and I have been talking about doing this for a while now, but neither or us can figure out how you qualify. I know there’s an explanation posted like two posts above this, but I still don’t know what’s what.

Get in touch with your local rando club.

So this will be done on tarck bieks, right?

Hell yeah. I’ll be riding brakeless pushing 95 g.i.

I’d love to do something like this. But I don’t have time to do all the prereq stuff. Also, they won’t let you ride if you have a UCI racing license right? Josh was talking about doing these, but he wanted to race at the track too. The idea is to keep people from turning it into a 1200km race.