pdx to sf fixed

I say go for it, but have a bail out plan if you need it. Just remember that lack of food and proper sleep will wear down your will to ride/live pretty quickly on a long ride.

This is cool. Do it and take pictures.
I was trying to figure out a route so I could ride from Ventura County(LA) to Arcata/Redding
but I don’t think I could ever do that fixed. I was planning on buying some dialed lightness w/ some gurrs.

well, it just happened to be where my will to drive crapped out. We were looking for a place to stay and just couldnt find any decent (read: cheap) campsites, so in Eureka I said “fuck it” ate some dennys and slept in a parking lot. I had driven from seaside to Eureka, it really puts the scope of that landscape in perspective when you do it in one day.

good call. Driving north just past mckinleyville and up in crescent city is such a nice thing. Being without the coast for so long and then finally seeing it is wonderful.

i have a friend who rode from seattle to san francisco, brakeless. dead serious. he sat on the top tupe and put his feet on the ground during descents.