Pedals for regular shoes

The edge of the pedal does wrap around into a platformy forward area, but it’s still raised a 1/4" at the back so you can get a slotted cleat around it.

Considerably better than a quill pedal with the tab filed down, but not as comfy as a flat platform like a GR-9 (more retentiony though).

I haven’t used them in quite a while, you want them?[/quote]
Damn, I thought they were flat on top. Sounds like I might as well dig out the ol’ GR-9’s. How much do you want for the GPX’s though?

BMX x Holdfasts are my non clipless jam.

I use the MKS sylvan touring for my wide feet. the MKS stream are essentially the same thing just narrower. I really love them.

I have a pair of the white industries as well and even with super wide feet like mine, they work really great.

[quote=mailer]if those shimano pedals are the original 80s ones like this (but in way better condition) you could probably make some money on ebay.

i doubted the reload/holdfast/etc straps X bmx pedal collabo for a long time but they’re so comfortable. i don’t know if i could go back to clip/straps/svans[/quote]

Yeah they’re the exact same pedal but in blue. They’re in better condition than that but closer to that than NOS. I doubt anybody would buy a beat up pair of pedals.

I’ll give both the pedal sets I’ve got a try and report back. I’m only afraid to use the bear traps because they’re so toothy, I feel like they will eat through the sole and pierce my toes. :o

Anybody try putting a platform on the MKS Sylvans? Like between the two stamped sheet metal pieces?

There was some DIY page about zip tying a cleat with that idea in mind. I think results were meh.

Hmm that doesn’t sound all the great an idea in the first place. I’m thinking a piece of sheet metal just slightly recessed below the front and rear plates, and bolted on.

plastic BMX pedals are seriously growing on me. I have some extra slim ones I scored at a swap meet and they are giving me all of it.

bmx platform and holdfast or whatever is the best for around town shenanigans. tried it on my friends bike and it’s much more comfortable than the specialized track + toshi double crap i’ve been using for the past couple years.

if i break a strap i’ll probably move to that.

Other than the usual (Odyssey/Animal) I would really like to try those low profile Fixation BMX platforms.

TC: when I was getting ready for work this morning I had to choose between putting clipless, platform or clips/straps on my bike.
I went with clips/straps.

Really want to try these Fly Ruben PCs. They are, according to some BMX friends of mine, less grippy than odyssey twisted PCs but still good and have a nice, thin design. The alloy ones are super baller and expensive and nice.

http://www.danscomp.com/465031.php

these seem nice. i have easterns and i’m happy with them

[quote=deadforkinglast]Really want to try these Fly Ruben PCs. They are, according to some BMX friends of mine, less grippy than odyssey twisted PCs but still good and have a nice, thin design. The alloy ones are super baller and expensive and nice.

[/quote]

I have a pair of the Fly ones. The nice thing is that the spindle cap thing sticks out more than others so if you ever lie down your bike, the straps don’t get torn up as quickly.

Also, when using Hold Fast style straps, I always cut the plastic spikes on the strap side in half. Makes them much easier to get out of while still giving you all the traction you need.

$20? The ano is worn off in a lot of places and you might want to repack the bearings, but the construction quality is pretty top notch.

They’d be really good for someone that GR-9s are too narrow for.

If anyone is on the fence- the White Ind pedals are fantastic. The price might be a non-started for some folks, but they are the best platform/ clip pedal I have used. I was surprised at how comfortable/ easy to use they are.

is there a cheaper alternative to the holdfast straps? their prices are obscene

i used to have the alu fly pedals when they first came out. i LOVED them. until i threw my bike one day and destroyed them. i haven’t been baller enough since then to buy another pair.

Animal Hamilton’s(plastic) + Holdfast, are my joints.