Performance 20% Off Sale - Get a Open Pro CD/Ultegra front wheel for $100 shipped

http://www.performancebike.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10551&productId=1034355

now thars a good deal

I’d buy one right now if I didn’t have $19 dollars in my checking account!

^Same. Not $19 but still close : /

You know, that’s not really that killer of a deal. Front wheels are a dime a dozen - one just like this sold on eBay for $60. I’d wager that the reason why there are only fronts listed is because everyone bought up the rear wheels and said “ahh, I can find a cheap front wheel to pair with this.” If you already have an Open Pro rear and want a matching wheel, I’d go for it, otherwise I’d just buy whatever used $20 front wheel your LBS has.

THIS!!!

I called about the front/no rear problem when I was buying my wheelset, and the reason behind it was that Performance has actually discontinued the Open Pro CD line and they started life with more fronts than rears.

Ended up buying one + a Mavic A719 rim for my touring wheelset (A719, SON front, Phil touring cassette hub rear). $145 shipped after discount and my Performance bucks.

That’s going to be one unfuckable touring wheelset anomaly.

Aye, the rear is already done. I got the rear hub fresh off a rebuild (the only thing original is the hub body and the axle) for a steal. Sombitch is still stiff as hell, I’m going to start riding it soon and I can tell the drag for the first 1000 miles or so is going to be silly.

explain this more?

unlacing the ultegra hub and rebuilding to a son hub for a son/op cd front?

explain this more?

unlacing the ultegra hub and rebuilding to a son hub for a son/op cd front?[/quote]
2 separate items were ordered. First was the OP/Ultegra which I will use on the Paramount, the second is the Mavic A719 rim which I am going to build to a SON hub and use on the Gunnar until the Palermo custom is finished.

explain this more?

unlacing the ultegra hub and rebuilding to a son hub for a son/op cd front?[/quote]
2 separate items were ordered. First was the OP/Ultegra which I will use on the Paramount, the second is the Mavic A719 rim which I am going to build to a SON hub and use on the Gunnar until the Palermo custom is finished.[/quote]

gap bike.

i went to performance today to pickup a gift for my brother and they gave me 10% off because online is 10% off too? and i was like… oh thanks. because i didn’t even know i was just last minute shopping.

itt: people promote the walmart of bikes.

I’d hardly call it the “WalMart” of bikes, but whatever.

Don’t get it…

thats exactly what they are.

an lbs is usually independently owned and has a some pride.
performance is an internet based company that also own nashbar, and the brick and mortar performance stores undercut pretty much every lbs i’ve ever been in.
and the employees that i’ve encountered have pretty much given off the vibe that they hate where they work.
sounds kinda walmart-ish to me.

www.peopleofthewalmartofbikes.com