polished rims

[quote=zelah]I saw your polished rims at Jordan Hufnagel’s shop. I have mixed feelings about them.

one the one hand those are some shiny ass rims

on the other hand it’s almost TOO much shiny ass rim, it’s a round wall of mirror with some spokes.[/quote]

Weren’t those polished aftermarket, not by Hplusson? Pretty sure Huf had them sent out to a local polisher.

Same polishing process for either sample? I’ve not really done a side-by-side comparison. If I ever got off my ass and got an anodizing line going, I could do that. Speaking of other options, there’s also clear powder to consider. Selling non-anodized aluminum bits to the general public sounds like a bad proposition to me in terms of having to deal with customer complaints.[/quote]

Old Campy stuff wasn’t anodized… so when you pick up an old foggy Campy “aero” seatpost or crankset, you can polish it back up to mirror shine with some work. Which reminds me, I have an old Chorus aero post on my Alien and it stays foggy as fuck all winter but looks so damn nice once the sun comes out and a fresh polishing is done…

[quote=trackatino][quote=zelah]I saw your polished rims at Jordan Hufnagel’s shop. I have mixed feelings about them.

one the one hand those are some shiny ass rims

on the other hand it’s almost TOO much shiny ass rim, it’s a round wall of mirror with some spokes.[/quote]

Weren’t those polished aftermarket, not by Hplusson? Pretty sure Huf had them sent out to a local polisher.[/quote]
yes they were, but I think it’s fair to use that as a reference to what polished h+s would look like.

Yea, my polished rims are pretty bright, but nothing like jordan’s. that shit is intense.