Portable Bike lane

http://dustbowl.wordpress.com/2009/01/0 ... evan-gant/

That’s an awesome idea.
I want one!

It’s an interesting concept but just how visible would it be to drivers? Can you only see it when you are directly behind the bike? And even if i does work it doesn’t make up for the fact that the rider doesn’t have a rear light (or probably a front light as well but I can’t really tell).

Yeah, I don’t see this offering much of an advantage over a decent traditional lighting system, and suspect the laser projection would be in danger of being washed out by headlights.

They need something that casts “SLOW DOWN - BIKER AHEAD” or something similar into the traffic lane.

I don’t see it being bright enough to be very helpful

I want a Speed Vest,
but it’s so nerdy.
[youtube]brSyZ5l-Yr0&e[/youtube]

oh, how cool!

Just bought the speed vest.

no way. really?

Yeah… I don’t see this working out that well. Little red line on the road or not, drivers are still gonna buzz you.

The speed vest is awesome though.

*Ya know, I’d buy a speed vest, but then everybody would know just how slow I really am…

Group buy?

Not avalable for purchase.
So sad.

Build one. EL wire, inverter power supply a microcontroller or two. You can do it!

A student who graduated from my school 2 years ago had the exact same concept for his thesis project. I wonder if he works at Altitude now?

Spending all his time working on his lawsuit instead.

If anyone would sue it would be the school. They own all our IP.

That doesn’t sound like a very good incentive to get students to produce quality work.

That doesn’t sound like a very good incentive to get students to produce quality work.[/quote]

That’s how every institution in the country works.

That doesn’t sound like a very good incentive to get students to produce quality work.[/quote]

That’s how every institution in the country works.[/quote]

At which point they turn around and sell it off to various corporations for a profit. Isn’t higher education great?