Post in this thread everytime you have a cycling realated 'fml' moment

2 from tonight. first, i was riding my fixed gear, trying out a fizik and a block into the ride, my jeans get ripped up to my knee. then i ride my 20" bmx bike around and when i pedaled, it sounded like stomp the musical.

What is this?

not for this forum dude. but some "fuck my life"s are funny, some arent.

i guess this thread was an attempt to get that off my chest. if mods want to delete this, go ahead i feel better already.

i’m not from portland btw

Redemption

brosef and i were about to go for a ride last week. we got the bikes ready, and were about to head out. the motomess was leaning up against the closet door in the hallway, when all of a sudden, we hear a LOUD whistleing sound, and then a BOOOOOM! the innertube exploded for some reason. well, the tube was from 1973, so ill let it slide

oh, and btw, fml

I have been reading FML up to now. more than an hour. I’m on page 23 and I have to wake up at 8am tomorrow. FLM

For some reason I thought if I steered hard enough I could get my stem straight, I basically endo’d FML

Today I wore full raingear, it wasn’t raining FML

It’s been raining here constantly since Friday. The sun’s out now and it’s going to be in the 70’s. I have a bunch of shit I need to take into work that I can’t carry by bike (namely a bike*+ 2nd set of wheels) so I have to drive…FML

*velodrome racing bicycle i.e. no brakes, $80 tubies, 80+ inches, blahblahblah.

LAST week I did a online “safe driving” course since I got two speeding tickets reckless for driving more than 15 over the speed limit in 24 hours. One was legit ,the other the cop flat out lied, he said he paced me… So I need to send in the Certificate that I got in the mail to the court by Friday. Today when I got to work I realized I forgot to bring it with me to mail FML
Well just this part the rest is just fine.

Did I mention that the whole thing cost me just over $1000

[quote=balonya]LAST week I did a online “safe driving” course since I got two speeding tickets reckless for driving more than 15 over the speed limit in 24 hours. One was legit ,the other the cop flat out lied, he said he paced me… So I need to send in the Certificate that I got in the mail to the court by Friday. Today when I got to work I realized I forgot to bring it with me to mail FML
Well just this part the rest is just fine.

Did I mention that the whole thing cost me just over $1000[/quote]

Did you get those speeding tickets on your bike? If not STFU.

well i ripped my lacoste jeans riding my FG a couple of months ago. I’m gonna turn them into shants though :slight_smile:

Riding to school last week, it was 19 degrees out, so i dressed reallllll warm. About two blocks from my house, the small rip on the inside of my pant leg ripped even more, it was a foot long. I was late and couldnt turn around. I rode downhill on my fixed gear with a giant hole in my pants in 19 degree weather, oh also, it was 7 am, super dark. FML

“Why the HELL isn’t this crown race going on this carbon steer tube?” hammer hammer oh…it’s a bearing top cap…nice the steer tube is fucked.

On my second ride the Stealth Roky broke right in front of a weld on the machined dropout. RIP, fml

Went to used bike shop, found a set of Time ATACs for $30. Went to two other bike shops before finding cleats, dude at successful cleat bike shop charges me $10 (too much for lightly used cleats without hardware I think). I throw on the ATACs and cleats, and to my surprise clipping in and out is a billion times easier than my spds on their loosest setting, I guess the springs were worn. I got the ATACs all bundled up with the price tag and receipt and everything and go back to the shop. They gave me my $30, but in the form of store credit, and I can’t get refunded for the cleats because the guy that works at that shop is a huge dick. UGH

Also, riding on said ATACs, I was unclipped on the sidewalk doing wheelies, and as I’m going up, I accidentally clip in and fall completely flat on my back. FML

anomaly: :frowning: That kind of shit is the worst, because you only have yourself to blame.

Al: if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. Should have asked if you could give them a quick test by clipping in and out to check things out, though I’m not sure they’d have let you put the pedals on a crank arm or not.

mods, please move to jackass thread