Post your Bicycle-Polo Bicycle

i really want to build up a mtb frame for polo.

but i don’t want to sacrifice my mtb.

i played once on my kilo and decided it was fun but i wanted something i wasn’t going to want to stay out of trouble on.

I bought a mtb off CL for $75. Fixed the gears as best I could (then the guys at polo, who are all wrenches) helped me get it the rest of the way.
Its all about the junky old mtb.

i want the control of a fixed gear though… i have bad balance on a freewheel at low speed.

Understandable. If my bike could be fixed I probably would set it up with a fixed super low gear.

I posted a picture of mine in the pictures of you and your bike thread and its in the jackass thread. I am not able to post a pic right now but with the power of imagination I can help yalls get a good look.

It is celeste.

Has orange veep

Has tan veep

Has Rock Shocks

Has short bars wrapped in hockey tape

It is ran fixed at 33/17 and sometimes 33/16 and sometimes 34/17 or 34/16

It will soon have bmx cranks on it

It is named Bart Oates

*Steps back and says daaaaaaaang

i’ve been playing longer than any of you newbs

Just got bored so I decided to wrench on my polo bike. Did a BB lockring conversion job (39x19) and chopped an inch off each side of the bars. The chain and Ourys only match by coincidence of being in my junk pile. Looking forward to monday.

but you did buy a pink chain at some point.
how tarck of you.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]That’s kinda what I figured.
I can’t wait till some company starts producing “polo specific” stuff.[/quote]

[quote=“VT tallbike”][quote=“Rusty Piton”]That’s kinda what I figured.
I can’t wait till some company starts producing “polo specific” stuff.[/quote]

[/quote]
yummy

To be polo specific it needs to be dirt cheap.

here, I found a “polo specific” frame on eBay.

Send it to me.

schwinn varsity.

ss, with the cluster. i had intended it to run fixed but never got around to it. drops cut down to just the flats. front brake only with flattened drop-bar lever running sideways. the shaft of the stem is snapped in two but i jammed the shit back together. saddle doesnt stay on the post very well.

pretty much the jankiest piece of unsafe shit, but it was cheap and quick and is getting replaced in a week or two

the jank-tank:

love the ball in the spokes.
I’ve gotta get myself to a polo match one of these days.
I’d use this thing:

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]here, I found a “polo specific” frame on eBay.
[/quote]

That’s beautiful. Too small for me, though.

I play on a geared bike atm as well. Tennis courts are the best. My current line of projects goes: cart bike, tandem, land shark, finish polo bike. So if I’m not working on one of the first three I put some time into the shitty mountain bike I have, for now I ride the nishiki. It’s incredibly stable and the derailluers make it really convenient for quick accelerations and turns.

It looks really fun : [

I play on a geared bike atm as well. Tennis courts are the best. My current line of projects goes: cart bike, tandem, land shark, finish polo bike. So if I’m not working on one of the first three I put some time into the shitty mountain bike I have, for now I ride the nishiki. It’s incredibly stable and the derailluers make it really convenient for quick accelerations and turns.

[/quote]

your panniers are backwards.

It looks really fun : [[/quote]
I wish shart rake shitty peopre prayed poro