Post your Dirty Jumper

[quote=Lowrey’sOrgan]HY I’ve had these 650balleur wheels for almost three years and finally got around to settin’ 'em up
650x42 Resolutes, probably had room to go even bigger but w/e
also got my new fenders on there just in time for summer, and the 700C fenderline doesn’t even look that bad with the new shoes
all for a gaspipe Steel District lol

[/quote]

gaspipe or not that’s a handsome bike

would u believe it’s supposed to look like this
all bikes are just crosschecks with different geometry hybrids with different handlebars

Tarck is about redeeming turds

No shit, you know Allen? Good dude! I really enjoyed hanging out with him when I was out there getting him up to speed with Rapha. That whole crew is pretty damn rad out in SF, well after the old GM left anyways. I hope I can go out there again sometime and get to know the scene out there better; the few rides I went on were so rad.[/quote]
The crew at that store are all such good dudes. Morale was pretty fucking bad previously but now everyone seems quite happy again.

[quote=Lowrey’sOrgan]HY I’ve had these 650balleur wheels for almost three years and finally got around to settin’ 'em up
650x42 Resolutes, probably had room to go even bigger but w/e
also got my new fenders on there just in time for summer, and the 700C fenderline doesn’t even look that bad with the new shoes
all for a gaspipe Steel District lol

[/quote]

What’s up with those rims? What’s written on them?

They’re test rims from my old job so it’s a bunch of test data… Build weight, truing #'s from before the test to be compared after, and # of hours on the drum. Maybe some other stuff

Took this out for a ride today and it was great. A little snappier handling, still totally confident downhill

Picked this up frame only and tossed it together. After a couple rides I feel it’s getting pretty dialed, though the rear brake hose needs to be trimmed.
Untitled by shinytravisto, on Flickr

Also came up on this for $0! 1969 Schwinn once I looked up the numbers. Using it as a pit bike for when I pit crew for my Uncle when he drag races.
Untitled by shinytravisto, on Flickr

Damn dude! That’s such a come up. That bike would sell for a few hundred in SF.

Yeah that Schwinn is a treasure.

I kind of want to ball out a Schwinn like that and put a basket on it

My suspicions have been confirmed: this thing is a noodlebike in the best way.

So fun! Looks very well cared-for.

Supposedly the guy had it imported from italy as a frameset only, which was never an option, so I’m not sure what the fuck is going on there. None of the components are what this bike is supposed to have, but it’s all dura-ace and campy (except for the wheels), so I’m not even mad. I’m wondering if this was stolen at some point over in Europe, because the 531 decals and the “Raleigh” and “RRA” were all scratched off when he got it. And the serial number ends in “008”. Dude had knee surgery 20 years ago and barely ever rode it. He didn’t even know what it was, but he did know that it was fancy.

I would like to explore the option of a professional paint retouch (NOT a repaint), and having the decals/labels restored.

Or I might just leave it as-is and only take it out for the yearly tweed ride. Not sure.

Party mode. This bike photographs really poorly. Gotta get it in front of a proper camera at some point.

the camera doesnt make the photo

gotta get it in front of a proper photographer at some point?

Noodlebike cru checking in!
531 compliance

on Sunday I saw a Corvette Stingray, similar paint as the Rock Lobster, with the license plate SCAT.