Praise Tarck Bear for all his Goodness for my score today!!!

So I’m having a typical day at work (sales weasel in charge at the LBS) when this lady comes in asking if we service bikes. She has two in the car that need tune-up’s, I tell he sure we can take care of it. Then she proceeds to tell me that her husband has problems putting air in her tires and if we have any sort of wheel exchange program. I figure I have to explain presta valves to her, she tells me “no, they dont have spikes (?), the bikes are in the car”. So I go outside to check it out and…
D
R
U
M

R
O
L
L
!
!
!
The bike has these on it

Needless to say we just started a wheel exchange program, I bought her a decent pair of 8 speed spoked wheels in trade for tri-spok heaven
:bear: :bear: :bear: :bear: :bear: out of five, every body’s happy!
Thank you Tarck Bear!

Dude that is super sick.

I’ve been so giddy today you wouldn’t believe.

I hope you have an equally gaudy/awesome bike to put those on. A Zunow would be the :bear:

I am planning to use one on my Rossin (in the pic thread) on the front in conjunction with my ghetto disc rear. Not sure what to do with the other one, guess I’ll have to start looking for an over the top frame. Or spread the love.

I cant see the image because I’m at work but if your description of what you scored (tri spoke) is accurate I may be interested :slight_smile: OH :bear: !

tdhk

Have I mentioned how I look up to you lately Josh? Like a father err, big brother?

Seriously though, I don’t have a bazillion dollars (est. actual value) to give you, but I’d totally be interested in that.

ill buy one!!! how much?

haha…what is the deal with the paint? tell me that giorgio was the husband’s name. please.

this reminds me of the icebreakers sours commercial on the beach with the aging guido…

jeezy just buy one of mine already.

Yea, not really trying to sell either at the moment. If I do it would be on Tarck before ebay for sure.
I didn’t find out her husbands name, I will shit my pants if it’s Giorgio.

you iz selling teh doper wheelz?
hit a brother up, we might be able to make a deal.

What the hell kind of frame were they on? These people aren’t trying to take some old TT frames for a trip on the Silver Comet Trail are they?

Sweet score by the way. More goodies for me to see when I get home.
How about the rear as a SS cross wheel for the One Way?

[quote=“TimArchy”]What the hell kind of frame were they on? These people aren’t trying to take some old TT frames for a trip on the Silver Comet Trail are they?

Sweet score by the way. More goodies for me to see when I get home.
How about the rear as a SS cross wheel for the One Way?[/quote]

such a good idea haha.
I dig it.

and oh yeah, nice score! if that rear is a freewheel type it can be converted to a front with the kit from hed.

Damn dude. That is an awesome score.

I had a score today as well, not as cool but still made me happy.

I found 50 bucks on the ground saturday night, and used it to buy a 50 dollar 1997 Cannondale R400 off someone. One dent and full RSX groupo. Nothing special, but def. worth 50 bucks.

want.

They both have freewheel threading, the front has a cover on the threads. It’s just a matter of swapping axles.

I have raced CX on a Raleigh One-Way using a Tri spoke wheel

Not the most sensible equipment choices but it did get me more pics.