Pro Doperz Suck Thread

does that test include THC? cause that is far from performance enhancing, just wondering where they’re ideas of performance enhancing come from.

Ya’ll don’t know Dave. He was some good proof that coke isn’t performance enhancing in either riding or selling bikes. But apparently it has a side effect of making you ride in the drops all the time

Not to mention making you look like some sort of Rush fan or something.

You all act like it’s possible to excel in the current road cycling field w/o drugs. It’s pretty obvious it’s not. Maybe if you have a lot more natural ability and/or the willpower to do a lot more training than the others, you could possible be in there with a chance… but probably not.

The top riders all do drugs and you can’t beat them without being super talented, super dedicated, supported by a good team and being drugged. ALL of these.

At least that’s what I gathered from watching road cycling. Same applies to weightlifting, throwing disciplines in athletics etc.

That is the unfortunate truth. The sport could get the dope out and let the natural athletes prevail. I’m not surprised in the least that Tom B got busted with coke, I’m just voicing disappointment.
(I will change this annoyingly big sig in a day or two)

I’m beginning to understand the whole “Tornado Tom” thing now, as in “Quick… Hide the coke. Tornado Tom just got here.”

I’ll ask my doctor buddy but I too suspect that coke has nothing to do with performance enhancement. Who knows tho.

2 words. Lawrence Taylor

Yes. Cycling sucks. ALL Pro sports suck. Its like… ur whole life growing up, you’re coaches tell you cheating is wrong and bad yadda yadda yadda. Then, you FINALLY make it pro, you’re a role model, and you fucking cheat like hell.

Its SICKENING.

“Everyone does it” is the excuse high school kids use. Grow the fuck up! No one SHOULD be doing it. For a GAZILLION reasons.

And shit. IF you were gonna “dope” why the FUCK would u use coke. Furthermore… why would you be using it recreationally.

The Pro Tour should only be cat 3 riders this year. Put some heart back into it.

SHIT!

[quote=“EivlEvo”]Yes. Cycling sucks. ALL Pro sports suck. Its like… ur whole life growing up, you’re coaches tell you cheating is wrong and bad yadda yadda yadda. Then, you FINALLY make it pro, you’re a role model, and you fucking cheat like hell.

Its SICKENING.

“Everyone does it” is the excuse high school kids use. Grow the fuck up! No one SHOULD be doing it. For a GAZILLION reasons.

And shit. IF you were gonna “dope” why the FUCK would u use coke. Furthermore… why would you be using it recreationally.

The Pro Tour should only be cat 3 riders this year. Put some heart back into it.

SHIT![/quote]

yes.

“all the pros” doing it says that there is something wrong with the entire sport. if you have to “enhance” to stay on top, why is that? was the bar set too high? is this no longer a race, but a status? do outside interests ($$$) bear too much weight?

if any of that is true, the whole goddamn sport needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up in my opinion. i don’t want to watch human marvels of science ride bikes. i want to watch real people race.

bah, i don’t want to be an armchair quarterback.

coke does not equal performance enhancing

Joe Theisman disagrees

When everyone at the top is doing it, the dudes trying to break in should blow the whistle. I would. Fuckin’ hell yeah I would. Some fuckin’ juiced up fuck keeping me from earning a living/winning a race/whatever. Fuck yea. Fuck.

Spectator sports do not appeal to me.

What? You don’t like to watch.

This is becoming such a common occurrence, it’s almost not a big deal anymore. I mean, is there anyone out there the still believes the top competitors are not dopers?

The trouble is that “pro” “athletes” have become so impossible to get at this wouldn’t work. The only, ONLY people that would have the ability to do something like this, would be the people on the B team or the practice squad. And honestly, They’re probably sitting there thinking… holy shit. Tom Boonen does crack! Thats illegal! Then they look the other way, because A. thats their fucking superstar quarterback, and B. the sponsors pay YOU because HE wins.

The whole thing is a disgrace. All pro sports.

I think I’m going to goto a baseball game this week just to boo at the cheaters.

edit WHINEY Cheaters!

[quote=“EivlEvo”]
And shit. IF you were gonna “dope” why the FUCK would u use coke. Furthermore… why would you be using it recreationally.[/quote]

Coke has a long history as a doping agent in cycling but boonen wasn’t doping he was partying. Coke isn’t banned outside of competition precisely because it doesn’t provide a performance advantage I fail to see where the outrage is. Is it just because it’s coke? Would you care if he tested positive for cannabinoids (same class of recreational drugs banned in competition but not out) out of competition? I heartily agree that I would rather see un-doped racers but I don’t need to see saints.

Yellow: Astana/Contador not invited for excessive scandal last year.
Green: Boonen out for not testing positive for banned substances
Polka dot: Barloworld/Soler not invited.
White: I can neither prounounce or spell his name but presumably the only jersey winner returning but no longer a young rider anyway.

Probably not the best way to plan a grand tour.

probably because most dudes “trying to break in” are doping and in a sport where you never know who you have to work with the pressure to not snitch is pretty high though even if you did the only likely result would be a suit for slander.

[quote=“dutret”][quote=“EivlEvo”]
And shit. IF you were gonna “dope” why the FUCK would u use coke. Furthermore… why would you be using it recreationally.[/quote]

Coke has a long history as a doping agent in cycling but boonen wasn’t doping he was partying. Coke isn’t banned outside of competition precisely because it doesn’t provide a performance advantage I fail to see where the outrage is. Is it just because it’s coke? Would you care if he tested positive for cannabinoids (same class of recreational drugs banned in competition but not out) out of competition? I heartily agree that I would rather see un-doped racers but I don’t need to see saints.

Yellow: Astana/Contador not invited for excessive scandal last year.
Green: Boonen out for not testing positive for banned substances
Polka dot: Barloworld/Soler not invited.
White: I can neither prounounce or spell his name but presumably the only jersey winner returning but no longer a young rider anyway.

Probably not the best way to plan a grand tour.[/quote]

i <3 dutret

[quote=“dutret”][quote=“EivlEvo”]

[/quote]

I could care less if it was any drug. The fact is, kids look up to athletes. As a professional athlete you have a RESPONSIBILITY to live up to your profession. There’s no 2 ways about it. I could really care less if he uses or does whatever recreationally, but damnit, at least be smart enough to keep it private. Kids don’t need to see that.

Just the same as I’m a pilot. Drinking is not against the law, but the FAA mandates that I don’t consume alcohol 8hrs before I fly (my University mandates 12hrs.) Even though its completely legal for me to drink, I still wouldn’t. Just like its completely legal for me to sit down and have a drink after my shift in the terminal or at the local bar, I wouldn’t be in uniform acting obnoxious, or drinking (aside from with dinner (which I still don’t do))